The 2017 Benchmark Report on B2B Content Marketing and Lead Generation offers a comprehensive and up-to-date look at how B2B companies are evolving their content marketing capabilities.
Chicago, Illinois (PRWEB) May 05, 2017
Starfleet Media, the leading provider of content marketing programs for B2B companies in selected niche markets, today announced the release of the latest edition of its definitive study on the state of B2B content marketing and lead generation.
The 2017 Benchmark Report on B2B Content Marketing and Lead Generation offers a comprehensive and up-to-date look at how B2B companies are evolving their content marketing capabilities to demonstrate thought leadership, raise brand visibility and generate qualified leads.
What specific business outcomes do B2B marketers aim to achieve with content marketing activities? What are the biggest challenges they face? How are they overcoming these challenges? To what extent are they outsourcing content development and campaign management? How are they creating, promoting and distributing content assets? What tactics, tools and resources are they utilizing? How much are they currently spending on content marketing and how much are they budgeting going forward? What performance metrics are they using to track and measure success? What is their marketing ROI?
These and countless other questions are addressed in this insightful, inspirational and richly-illustrated benchmark report.
Among the key research findings:
- Approximately one-quarter (24%) of marketers have been "very successful" in achieving their primary objectives for content marketing, compared to fewer than one-fifth (18%) two years ago, while one-quarter (27%) have "not been successful at all."
- B2B companies across all industries report produced or licensed an average of 5.5 content assets over the past 12 months (compared to 4.5 over the previous 12 months). More of these content assets are being produced by outside resources, including specialized publishers and market research firms.
- B2B marketers rank company-branded eBooks and infographics and third party-licensed research reports and buying guides as having created the most value for their companies over the past year.
- 93% of B2B marketers "agree" or "strongly agree" that unbiased third-party content is generally perceived as more credible than company-branded content; 82% "agree" or "strongly agree" that this content generally produces better-quality leads than company-branded content.
- More than one-third (34%) of B2B marketers plan to allocate more of their marketing budget to content marketing and lead generation activities over the next 12 months and less of their marketing budget to traditional marketing activities.
Research for The 2017 Benchmark Report on B2B Content Marketing and Lead Generation was conducted in Q1 2017. A total of 473 qualified respondents participated in the online survey that serves as the basis for the research. The report is now available for complimentary download.
About Startfleet Media
Starfleet Media is the leading provider of content marketing programs tailored to meet the inbound marketing and lead generation needs of B2B companies in selected niche markets. Participating companies, which often include some the world's largest and most preeminent solution providers, underwrite Smart Decision Guides™ – compelling, comprehensive and unbiased content assets that help people make informed buying decisions – allowing them to raise brand awareness, educate target audiences, increase website traffic, generate qualified leads and acquire new customers in a cost-effective manner. Our proven demand generation methodology, extensive partner network, and SEO/SEM infrastructure ensure that Smart Decision Guides™ “get found” by the right prospects. For more information, please visit http://www.starfleetmedia.com.