SAN FRANCISCO, CA (PRWEB) May 16, 2017
EmployeeChannel, Inc., a leading provider of mobile apps for employee engagement and communication, today announced Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification. The HIPAA certification assures organizations that the EmployeeChannel platform complies with one of the highest standards of privacy and data protection and that HR and internal communications, regardless of their sensitivity, are protected from hackers and security breaches.
“HIPAA is a federal mandate that requires specific security and privacy protections for protected health information, known as PHI,” stated Earle Kirkland, Information Security Officer, EmployeeChannel. “Even though we don’t currently transmit PHI data, we wanted to comply with a security standard that reflects our commitment to providing secure communication services for the most demanding industries. In a world where privacy and security are among the top concerns for organizations and their employees, this is another step in our commitment to providing an enterprise-grade app that meets the largest organization’s requirements for performance, reliability, interoperability, scalability, and security.”
In addition to having HIPAA Business Associate Agreements (BAAs) in place with covered entities, EmployeeChannel has implemented the following features in its platform as well as organizational policies in accordance with the requirements of the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act of 2009 Common Security Framework and the Omnibus Rule of 2013.
- Data encryption in transit and at rest
- Restricted physical access to production servers
- Access to information system and customer information is granted only to validated, credentialed users with a need to know.
- Rigorous Source Code Control and Change Management Policies.
EmployeeChannel has implemented the following controls to satisfy the requirements of the HIPAA Security Rule:
- Formal training on Information Security Policies and the protection of Personal HealthCare Information (PHI)
- Defined Incident Management and Breach Notification Policies
- Static and Dynamic Application Security Testing by Veracode
- Periodic Manual Penetration Testing of applications by Veracode
EmployeeChannel’s Server Infrastructure is protected by Armor Complete, HITECH certified IAAS, who provides:
- Intrusion Detection
- Web and Application Firewalls
- File Integrity Protection
- AntiVirus and Malware protection
- Two-factor authentication for controlled system access
- Active log monitoring of user activity and privilege elevation
- Internal and external vulnerability testing
- Periodic network penetration testing
- SSAE 16 SOC2 Type II Reports
- Highly redundant data center facilities to mitigate disaster situations
- 99.9% uptime SLA
- 24x7x365 operations center
EmployeeChannel is a leading provider of award-winning mobile apps for employee engagement and communication, enabling HR and Internal Communications teams to boost the impact and effectiveness of employee communication, to create a positive employee experience, and to drive cultural and business outcomes. The EmployeeChannel app extends the knowledge and reach of organizational experts to employees anytime, anywhere and is dedicated to the interactions between an organization and its employees. Employees can find and receive organizational information easier and faster, get personalized responses to requests, and react quickly to time-sensitive events. HR and Internal Communications teams can respond real-time to organizational imperatives and employee needs using behavioral insights from Voice of the Employee analytics. To learn more about the EmployeeChannel app and how it can be used to engage and communicate with employees, please visit http://www.employeechannelinc.com.
For press inquiries: