Micro represents the next stage in the evolution of travel adapters – with a space-saving design that’s extremely travel-friendly, and a built-in fuse for protection against electrical surges in even the most remote locations on Earth.
London (PRWEB) May 17, 2017
With the support of backers from around the world, Micro – the world’s smallest universal travel adapter with surge protection that’s compatible for use in over 150 countries – tripled its crowdfunding goal in a single day after it was introduced on Kickstarter.
“We thought Micro would be very popular for international travelers who needed an easy-to-pack universal adapter that would work on any continent, and the overwhelming response from crowdfunders shows the market is ready for this product,” said Micro Co-founder Sam Olawale. “Micro represents the next stage in the evolution of travel adapters – with a space-saving design that’s extremely travel-friendly, and a built-in fuse for protection against electrical surges in even the most remote locations on Earth.”
Calling it “a one-adapter-fits-all travel buddy,” Olawale says Micro ensures travelers can easily connect to a power source and keep all their smartphones, laptops, tablets and other electronic gear charged while they’re at their destination.
Micro offers several innovative features specifically designed with the traveler in mind, including:
- A versatile modular design and functionality (patent pending)
- A less expensive price compared to other universal adapters on the market
- Compatibility in more than 150 countries on all seven continents
- A lightweight design of only 40 grams, 2.5 times smaller than the traditional adapter, making it easy to pack and carry
- Environmentally-friendly silicone used in the design
- An integrated, modular third pin that makes Micro compatible with English and English lookalike sockets
- An adjustable built-in casing to cover the third of any three-prong plug for ultimate safety and ease-of-use
- A built-in fuse to protect devices from electrical surges
To use Micro, travelers only insert their phone, laptop, tablet or other electronic device’s plug into Micro, release the socket required by the electric socket of the country they are visiting and plug it into the outlet.
“The days of carrying bulky, hard-to-pack travel adapters – and worrying about power surges – are gone,” Olawale said. “In that respect, Micro is truly a game-changer for international travelers.”
For more information and to purchase Micro at reduced early-bird prices only available during crowdfunding, visit the Micro Campaign Page on Kickstarter.