We support students’ passion for criminal justice issues by providing a proven program within a flexible online format, so that they can earn the specialized degree they need to move into precisely the career they want.
Utica, NY (PRWEB) May 24, 2017
Utica College announces the addition of the Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice degree to its high-profile suite of online programs. “We’re excited to be able to expand this degree to working professionals around the globe. We support students’ passion for criminal justice issues by providing a proven program within a flexible online format, so that they can earn the specialized degree they need to move into precisely the career they want,” said William (Bill) Virkler, Associate Dean, School of Business and Justice Studies.
The online criminal justice bachelor’s offers these five specializations:
- Public Policy and Leadership specialization demonstrates the theories of public policy-making, the mechanics of the process, and varying methods of examining policy impact. Students also address all functional areas of management including planning, organizing, controlling, leading, and staffing for effective leadership.
- Legal Issues in Criminal Justice specialization builds comprehensive knowledge of government and judicial regulation of financial institutions, commercial entities, their agents, and employees in relation to economic and business crime.
- Cyber Criminology and Policy specialization teaches key concepts related to cyber technologies in the modern criminal justice organization. This includes IT, cybersecurity, social networking, cloud computing, cryptography, data hiding, anonymity, and surveillance.
- Homeland Security specialization prepares students to defend our nation with working knowledge of the Emergency Management response cycle, FEMA, the Incident Command System, and the National Incident Management System. Students learn risk assessment, training, emergency management, disaster recovery, and the global aspects of security administration.
- White-Collar Crime specialization prepares students to deal with fraud in face-to-face transactions, e-commerce, and e-business. Students also study organized crime in the United States and its impact on social, economic, and political institutions with special focus on the role of corruption as a facilitator of crime.
The online BS in Criminal Justice degree prepares students for numerous career options at the local, county, state and federal levels.
Utica College’s suite of specializations in the Economic and Justice Studies programs is formally recognized for excellence by the International Association of Law Enforcement Intelligence Analysts (IALEIA). The largest professional organization in the world representing law enforcement analysts, IALEIA aims to advance high standards of professionalism in law enforcement intelligence analysis at the local, state/provincial, national and international levels.
If you’d like to know more about the new online BS in Criminal Justice degree and how Utica College prepares you to reach your career goals to fight crime at all levels, request more information now. You can also call us today at 315.732.2640, or toll-free at 866.295.3106 to speak with a Program Manager who can answer your immediate questions.
About Utica College
Utica College, founded in 1946, is a comprehensive private institution offering bachelors, masters and doctoral degrees. The College, located in upstate central New York, approximately 90 miles west of Albany and 50 miles east of Syracuse, currently enrolls more than 5,000 students in 38 undergraduate majors, 31 minors, 21 graduate programs and a number of pre-professional and special programs.