Washington, DC (PRWEB) May 22, 2017
Join officials from the United States Mint and the National Park Service for the official launch of the America the Beautiful Quarters® Program coin honoring Ozark National Scenic Riverways in Missouri on Monday, June 5, 2017, at 11 a.m. CT.
Ceremony highlights include musical entertainment by The Baker Family, an award winning bluegrass band from South Central Missouri. United States Mint Artistic Infusion Program artist Ron Sanders, designer of the Ozark National Scenic Riverways quarter, will also attend.
A coin exchange of $10 rolls of newly-minted Ozark National Scenic Riverways quarters after the ceremony.
- Cameron Sholly, Midwest Regional Director, National Park Service
- Michele Satchell, Senior Advisor, Office of the Director, United States Mint
- Paul Fitzwater, Missouri State Representative, for Governor Eric Greitens
- Larry Johnson, Superintendent, Ozark National Scenic Riverways
- David Stokely, District Director SW & South Central Missouri, Office of Senator Claire McCaskill
- Caroline Yielding, Field Representative, Southeast Missouri, Office of Senator Roy Blunt
- Tom Akers, former astronaut, National Aeronautics and Space Administration
Monday, June 5, 2017, 11 a.m. CT
Alley Spring and Mill
State Route 106
Eminence, MO 65466
Note: The park recently experienced historic flooding, and is undergoing recovery efforts. The ceremony will still take place on the grounds near the mill. The mill may be open for visitors by then.
The United States Mint will host a coin forum the evening before the launch ceremony—Sunday, June 4, 2017, 6-7 p.m. CT—at the Echo Bluff State Park, Nixon Room, 34489 Echo Bluff Drive, Eminence, MO 65466. The coin forum is an opportunity for the public to learn about upcoming United States Mint coin programs and initiatives, and express their views about future coinage.
The Ozark National Scenic Riverways quarter is the 38th release in the United States Mint America the Beautiful Quarters Program, a 12-year initiative that honors 56 national parks and other national sites authorized by Public Law 110-456. Each year, the public will see five new national sites depicted on the reverses (tails sides) of the America the Beautiful Quarters. The United States Mint is issuing these quarters in the order in which the national sites were officially established.
- Ozark National Scenic Riverways quarter b-roll.
- Interview with Ozark National Scenic Riverways quarter engraver Renata Gordon.
- Ozark National Scenic Riverways quarter image.
- Information about the United States Mint, America the Beautiful Quarters Program, and the Ozark National A
Additional Contact Information
Ozark National Scenic Riverways:
# # #
United States Mint – Connecting America through Coins