The benefits of biking are clear; it’s healthy, fun, and good for the environment.
New York, N.Y. (PRWEB) June 07, 2017
RewardExpert-- a free service that helps travelers fly for cheap by maximizing miles and points -- today released its 2017 ranking of the Best Destinations to Explore by Bike. The report examines the 53 largest U.S. metropoles based on 13 key metrics across four categories -- biking infrastructure, city profile, bike-share index, and biking safety -- to determine which destinations are most bike-friendly for tourists. The report also looks at historical data to determine which cities are the most improved and which destination are up & coming when it comes to bike-friendly initiatives.
“The benefits of biking are clear; it’s healthy, fun, and good for the environment,” says RewardExpert CEO Roman Shteyn. “Biking is a great way for tourists to explore the nooks and crannies of a new city. Plus, the whole family can participate, since no one needs a license.”
Key findings from RewardExpert’s ranking of 2017’s Best Destinations to Explore by Bike are:
- Minneapolis, Minnesota is number one on our list for best U.S. cities for biking. The city has 170 bike share stations and 130 miles of bike lanes. If that’s not enough, the city has almost 180 miles of paved paths for biking or walking.
- Washington, D.C. rounds out the top five. D.C. has the most extensive bike-share program in the country. Our nation's capital also ties for first when it comes to safety; the city averages only 1.6 fatalities per 10,000 commuters annually.
- Denver, Colorado closes out the top ten list. Denver scored well across all four dimensions. The city has 267 miles of paved biking paths, which ranks third of all the cities we analyzed. Furthermore, Denver ranked fourth in regard to number of bike share stations per capita.
- Indianapolis, Indiana is the most improved city. Indianapolis grew in commuters who ride to work and number of bike lanes per square mile. The city really stood out in the latter; Indianapolis grew over 18% year over year in the number of bike lanes per square mile.
- Memphis, Tennessee is the top up & coming city to keep an eye out for. Memphis plans to implement a bike-share program in 2017. To gear up for the program, the city has already expanded its bike lanes.
“The roll out of bike share programs across major markets have really made biking more accessible for visitors and locals alike,” says Shteyn. “These initiatives give the impetus for local governments to make changes in their city’s infrastructure, benefiting both tourists and residents who commute by bike.”
For more information and to view the full report, visit the RewardExpert website.
RewardExpert helps travelers navigate the world of frequent flyer programs and credit card rewards. Using a sophisticated algorithm, RewardExpert creates simple strategies for maximizing points and miles to help travelers reach their individual travel goals. Simply decide where to go and let RewardExpert do the rest. To get started, visit https://www.rewardexpert.com.