With Micro, the days of packing multiple, bulky adapters and worrying about power surges that can damage electronic devices are finally over.
London, England (PRWEB) June 01, 2017
Nearly 5,000 crowdfunding backers from around the world have pushed presales past the the $300,000 mark on Kickstarter for Micro, the world’s smallest universal travel adapter with surge protection that is compatible in more than 150 countries.
“We’re extremely grateful for all the support Micro has received from crowdfunders everywhere,” said Micro Co-founder Sam Olawale. “Micro is being embraced by international travelers who will no longer have to worry about keeping their electronic devices charged-up regardless of where they visit. With Micro, the days of packing multiple, bulky adapters and worrying about power surges that can damage electronic devices are finally over.”
In addition to a space-saving design that’s extremely travel-friendly, Micro has a built-in fuse for protection against electrical surges in even the most remote locations. The “one-adapter-fits-all travel buddy” can easily connect to a power source so travelers can ensure all their smartphones, laptops, tablets and other electronic gear can stay charged while they’re at their destination.
Micro has several innovative features specifically designed for travelers, including:
- A versatile modular design and functionality (patent pending)
- A less expensive price point compared to other universal adapters on the market
- Compatibility in more than 150 countries on seven continents
- A lightweight design of only 40 grams, 2.5 times smaller than the traditional adapter, making it easy to pack and carry
- Environmentally-friendly silicone used in the design
- An integrated, modular third pin that makes Micro compatible with English and English lookalike sockets
- An adjustable built-in casing to cover the third pin of any three-prong plug for ultimate safety and ease-of-use
- A built-in fuse to protect devices from electrical surges
To use Micro, travelers simply insert their phone, laptop, tablet or other electronic device’s plug into Micro, release the socket to match the electrical outlet of the country they are visiting, plug it in and charge up any electronic device.
Micro is still available at a reduced early-bird price of only $29 (US) during crowdfunding, which represents a discount of more than 35 percent off the suggested retail price once the crowdfunding campaign ends.
To purchase the “game-changing travel adapter,” visit the Micro Campaign Page on Kickstarter.