A great addition to ISA’s growing family of ceramic products and solutions for the aluminum industry.
(PRWEB) June 05, 2017
Ralph Searle, Sales Manager of Insulation Specialties of America, is pleased to introduce ISA-CP Ceramic Paste after extensive plant trials and field testing. ISA-CP Ceramic Paste is a great addition to ISA’s growing family of ceramic products and solutions for the aluminum industry. ISA-CP Ceramic Paste contains a sticky, water-based refractory binder with ceramic fibers which allows the product to be easily applied by caulking, troweling, or hand forming. It is the proven choice for a wide range of application problems such as, flame impingement, erosion, and hard to insulate areas. ISA-CP Ceramic Paste possesses high temperature and thermal shock resistance, along with excellent insulation properties. It can be applied in thin cross sections without slumping, eliminating the need to install in layers. ISA-CP Ceramic Paste, when air dried, becomes hard, strong and erosion resistant. In addition, it contains inhibitors making it resistant to the reactive and wetting effects of molten aluminum and its various alloys. Sites testing the ISA-CP Ceramic Paste have given positive feedback as to this material being a new industry leader.
- Repairing and patching refractory joints and cracks
- Repairing and patching around burner blocks
- Repairs can be made to hot surfaces
- Appearance - white paste
- Maximum Recommended Operating Temperature 2012°F (1100°C)
- Wet Density (lbs/ft3): 80 (1281 kg/m3)
- Dry Density (lbs/ft3): 45 (721 kg/m3)
- Shrinkage (% in 24 hrs) 4% at 2000°F (1093°C)
- Molten Aluminum Wetting Resistance: Excellent