PriceLocal's new functionality adds more than 10,000 stores to the network, bringing more options and added convenience to our users.
Ann Arbor, Michigan (PRWEB) June 06, 2017
Local shopping service PriceLocal today announced it has added 10,000 new stores to its service, allowing shoppers to search on Amazon and then get the product they want same day from a local store at the Amazon price. More than 10,000 price matching stores have been added to PriceLocal’s search results, including Target, Walmart, Bed Bath & Beyond, Office Depot, Fry’s, Toys R Us and more, in addition to the smaller local stores already participating in the PriceLocal network.
Other retailers’ immediately-available local inventories can be searched with PriceLocal without the price match, including Home Depot, Macy’s, Kohl’s, and Barnes & Noble.
PriceLocal’s expanded service can help retailers be competitive in an increasingly challenging market. According to numerous media reports, more and more shoppers prefer to shop online, and it’s slowly eating away at brick-and-mortar business. PriceLocal helps retailers leverage their advantage in same day pick up from local stores, with the ease of searching on Amazon.
PriceLocal offers the following benefits to shoppers:
- The ability to search from Amazon, where 55% of all online product searches start according to BloomReach.
- Immediate visibility into what products are available today at large and small local stores.
- Same day pick up, which 79% of consumers say they strongly value according to Boston Consulting Group.
- Prime price matches from most PriceLocal retailers.
If you want to try it out, here’s how it works:
1. Go to http://www.getpricelocal.com.
2. Install the PriceLocal browser extension for Chrome or Safari on your laptop or desktop.
3. Go to Amazon and search for a product you want.
4. Click the PriceLocal button and watch for the banner to appear at the top of the Amazon page.
5. In a matter of seconds, you’ll see whether your product is available locally, how much it costs, and if your local store matches the Prime price, you’ll get a coupon.
“Customers love being able to find exactly what they’re looking for at the price they want from a local store,” said PriceLocal founder Matt Chosid, a former Borders’ exec who saw first-hand how Amazon contributed to the destruction of a brick-and-mortar retail business with a strong presence in hundreds of local communities. “Our new functionality adds more than 10,000 stores to the PriceLocal network, bringing more options and added convenience to our users.”
To avoid any confusion over comparing prices with and without shipping charges, PriceLocal works with Amazon Prime or “free shipping” products only, where the shipping charge is “free.” Neither retailers nor shoppers need to be Prime members to use PriceLocal.
PriceLocal is an Ann Arbor, Michigan based online service that connects local stores with local consumers to deliver value to both. Amazon and Amazon Prime are registered trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Walmart, Target, Bed Bath & Beyond, Office Depot, OfficeMax, Fry’s, Toys R Us, Home Depot, Macy’s, Kohl’s, and Barnes & Noble are registered trademarks of their respective trademark holders. PriceLocal is not affiliated with nor endorsed by Walmart, Target, Bed Bath & Beyond, Office Depot, Fry’s, Toys R Us, Home Depot, Macy’s, Kohl’s, Barnes & Noble, Amazon.com, Inc. or any of their respective affiliates. For more information, visit http://www.getpricelocal.com.