Chicago (PRWEB) June 06, 2017
G2 Crowd, the world’s leading business software review platform, today released the Spring 2017 E-Commerce Platforms Software Grid report to help businesses make the best e-commerce platforms technology buying decision. Shopify and BigCommerce were named Leaders in the report, receiving a strong customer satisfaction score with a large market presence.
Shopify Plus, Miva, WooCommerce, Avangate, FastSpring, Unify Enterprise, Skubana, LemonStand, nopCommerce, CloudCraze, Episerver Digital Commerce, and Slatwall were named High Performers in the report, earning strong customer satisfaction marks with smaller market presence scores. Shopify earned the highest overall satisfaction score and earned the highest overall market presence score.
The Grid leverages customer satisfaction data reported by authenticated users along with vendor market presence determined from social and public data. Based on a combination of these scores, each software solution is categorized as a Leader, High Performer, Contender or Niche.
- Learning Curve — For companies implementing an e-commerce platform, users recommended taking advantage of training tutorials, documents, videos, or online communities that offer advice and support to help ease the learning curve. This sentiment is reflected in the category’s 82 percent average “ease of use” satisfaction score. According to reviews, users must be committed to investing the necessary time to learn and implement such a robust tool. Many users were encouraging, however, highlighting to others that the end payoff is worth it despite the steep learning curve to grasp all platform capabilities.
- Business Requirements — In reviews, many users pointed out that the requirements and financial flexibility of a small or mid-market e-commerce store differ from those of an enterprise business. Users cautioned that, prior to purchasing, buyers should create a priority list of current systems, challenges, needs, and goals, then evaluate which processes could benefit from automation. By establishing a clear view of their objectives, businesses can be empowered to become self-sufficient and successful in their e-commerce venture. Some e-commerce platforms offer trials or demonstrations, which can also be an ideal time for new users to determine whether the prospective product adheres to their specific business operations and requirements.
- Technical Support — Many of the reviews revolved around the available customer and technical support of e-commerce platforms. Users said they lean on vendor staff quite a bit to help with everything from store customizations to feature updates to on-demand training. In fact, 58 percent of reviewers come from businesses with 50 or fewer employees, and those reviewers pointed out the appeal of building and maintaining their e-commerce stores through all-in-one solutions. The comprehensiveness of many e-commerce platforms allowed smaller-sized businesses to perform well even without having in-house teams dedicated to maintaining different aspects of the store.
About the E-Commerce Platforms Software Grid report:
- The report is based on more than 1,565 reviews written by business professionals.
- Of the 156 products listed in G2 Crowd’s E-Commerce Platforms category, the ranked products each received ten or more reviews to qualify for inclusion on the Grid.
About G2 Crowd, Inc.
G2 Crowd, the world’s leading business solution review platform, leverages more than 170,000 user reviews to drive better purchasing decisions. Business professionals, buyers, investors, and analysts use the site to compare and select the best software and services based on peer reviews and synthesized social data. Every month, nearly one million people visit G2 Crowd’s site to gain unique insights. Co-founded by the founder and former executives of SaaS leaders like BigMachines (acquired by Oracle) and SteelBrick (acquired by Salesforce) and backed by more than $45 million in capital, G2 Crowd aims to bring authenticity and transparency to the business marketplace. For more information, go to G2Crowd.com.