Men need to be better caretakers of ourselves, get regular checkups, and do simple screenings that can help reduce our risk factors for heart attack and cancer. Our goal with Tastefully Fit TrimLine is wellness that tastes good.
Lemoyne, Pennsylvania (PRWEB) June 09, 2017
Tastefully Fit TrimLine invites you to #GetHealthyPA and celebrate Pennsylvania Men's Health Awareness Month on Friday, June 16, 10 a.m. - 12 noon at the Pennsylvania State Capitol in the East Rotunda.
Participants and Pennsylvania Men’s Health Ambassadors:
- Senator Mike Regan, Men’s Health Awareness Champion
- Dr. Robert K. Nielsen, President, PinnacleHealth Medical Group
- RJ Harris, Healthy Lifestyle Advocate and Men’s Health Champion
- Nadia Sharifi and Chef Wes Stepp, Owners of Tastefully Fit TrimLine
- Dr. Mary Catherine Sneider, AllBetterCare Urgent Care Centers of Central PA, TrimLine Medical Director
- Capital BlueCross, Gina McDonald, MS, ACSM-EP, CPT, Senior Health Coach
- Central Pennsylvania Food Bank, Jorja Barton, Agency Services
- The Salvation Army Harrisburg Capital City Region, Hailey Klinger and Holly Eliason, Nutrition Educators, and Maury Young, Educational Enrichment Facilitator
- American Heart Association Central PA and Men Go Red, Megan Hernandez, Executive Director, and Billy Morrison, Senior Heart Walk Director
Friday, June 16, 10:00 a.m. – 12 Noon
Pennsylvania State Capitol, East Wing Rotunda (Commonwealth Avenue entrance)
10 a.m. – 12 noon Free health and fitness demonstrations and free health screenings--blood pressure, total cholesterol, and glucose
10 a.m. Press conference and presentations by community health and wellness champions featuring Tastefully Fit TrimLine owners Nadia Sharifi and Chef Wes Stepp, Senator Mike Regan, and presentations of the Governor’s Proclamation and Senate Resolution declaring June as Men’s Health Awareness Month in Pennsylvania, and June 16 as Fitness and Nutrition Education Day in Pennsylvania for Men.
Nadia Sharifi and Chef Wes Stepp, owners of Tastefully Fit Trimline, a Mechanicsburg, PA-based health and wellness company dedicated to creating a healthier Pennsylvania, present June as Men’s Health Awareness Month in Pennsylvania and June 16 as Fitness and Nutrition Education Day in PA. Nadia is a food chemist and owner and operator of the highly successful TrimLine Weight Loss Centers. Chef Wes Stepp is the owner of Red Sky Café.
“Tastefully Fit TrimLine is passionate about helping Pennsylvanians eat fresh and get healthy, and we are committed to introducing simple lifestyle changes and nutrition knowledge so men can eat healthier and live longer. We are honored to be joined by our fellow champions in health care and wellness: Capital BlueCross, PinnacleHealth, the Central Pennsylvania Food Bank, The Salvation Army Harrisburg Capital City Region, and the American Heart Association Central PA,” says Nadia Sharifi, co-owner. “With more than 6 million men in our Commonwealth, men’s health is critically important to the wellness and economic strength of Pennsylvania.”
Keynote Speaker PA Senator Mike Regan, a leader for men’s fitness and nutrition education in Pennsylvania, says, “I am proud to be part of Men’s Health Awareness Month to help educate men throughout the Commonwealth on the importance of a healthy lifestyle. Investing in healthy choices such as proper nutrition, exercise, and regular medical check-ups is vital to deterring adverse health conditions. These simple wellness steps can pay lifelong dividends for a productive life.”
Wes Stepp, co-owner of Tastefully Fit TrimLine, says, “My journey to good health took many wrong turns, and I know the struggles men face in embracing healthy lifestyle choices. As a chef, I know good nutrition is the key to healthy living. As a father, son, and business owner, I’m compelled to take a lead in the health and wellness education conversation. Men need to be better caretakers of ourselves, get regular checkups, and do simple screenings that can help reduce our risk factors for heart attack and cancer. Our goal with Tastefully Fit TrimLine is wellness that tastes good."
Men’s Health Facts:
- On average, American men live sicker and die younger than American women, Men's Health Network.
- Every 39 seconds, someone dies from heart disease and stroke, Matters of Your Heart, American Heart Association.
- Heart disease is the leading cause of death for men in the U.S., accounting for 1 in every 4 male deaths, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Men are 50% more likely than women to die from heart disease, Harvard Health Publications.
- Men are 24 percent less likely than women to have visited a doctor within the past year and are 22 percent more likely to have neglected their cholesterol tests, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Lowering your blood pressure may decrease your risk of stroke and heart disease by about 50%, Matters of Your Heart, American Heart Association.
- 99% of Americans need to improve their heart health, Matters of Your Heart, American Heart Association.
About Tastefully Fit TrimLine
Tastefully Fit TrimLine was created with the combination of Nadia Sharifi’s (owner and operator of TrimLine Weight Loss Centers) expertise in food science and nutrition and Wes Stepp’s (owner of Red Sky Café) healthy cooking. Tastefully Fit TrimLine is a lifestyle change, not a diet. The program is centered on health and wellness to create a style of living that is sustainable, and to ensure a better quality of life now and for the future without forfeiting flavor. Nadia opened TrimLine independently in May 2009 in Lemoyne, Pennsylvania. Currently there are four locations including Lemoyne, Harrisburg, York, and Lancaster. Wes has been working as a chef for over 25 years. His cuisine reflects the best of what the coast offers, always fresh and succulent. In addition to operating his restaurant, Chef Wes has a thriving catering business. For more information on Tastefully Fit TrimLine, or to learn about becoming a healthier you, visit http://www.mytrimline.com or call 717-982-7181.