“Even though there’s not the possibility of a Triple Crown winner this year, the Triple Crown races always are a big draw for died-in-the-wool Thoroughbred enthusiasts as well as more casual followers of the sport,” Austen said.
Elmont, New York (PRWEB) June 09, 2017
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:
Anastasia Austen, marketing and public relations director
Access Entertainment Group LLC
ELMONT, N.Y. — With the 149th running of the Belmont Stakes just a day away, the staff at ticket brokerage DerbyDeals.com is about to cross the finish line in its effort to provide access to the last leg of Thoroughbred racing’s Triple Crown.
DerbyDeals.com is a sport travel and ticket brokerage company that specializes in ticket packages and individual ticket sales for key Thoroughbred racing events, including the Triple Crown series and the Breeders’ Cup World Championships.
The Belmont Stakes is set to run on Saturday, yet great opportunities to experience one of horse racing’s premier events are still available, said Anastasia Austen, DerbyDeals.com’s vice president of marketing and public relations.
Held at Belmont Park in Elmont, N.Y., the Belmont Stakes lays claim to the fact that it is the oldest of the Triple Crown races, since it was first run three years before the inaugural Kentucky Derby in Louisville, Ky., and one year before the Preakness Stakes debuted in Baltimore, Md.
DerbyDeals.com has worked with a large of customers this year to help provide a wide variety of Belmont experiences — whether it’s a couple of clubhouse tickets to the track on race day or all-inclusive experience including hotel stays, transportation, Belmont Stakes Racing Festival events and tourism opportunities.
“Even though there’s not the possibility of a Triple Crown winner this year, the Triple Crown races always are a big draw for died-in-the-wool Thoroughbred enthusiasts as well as more casual followers of the sport,” Austen said. She added “Two-time champion and superstar filly Songbird is making her 2017 debut on the Belmont Stakes undercard in the Grade 1 Ogden Phipps. It is a great opportunity to see a horse of this caliber at Belmont Park.” The Medaglia d’Oro filly, trained by Hall of Famer Jerry Hollendorfer and ridden throughout her career by Hall of Fame jockey Mike Smith, is making her first start back since she was handed the only defeat of her career by three-time champion mare Beholder in the Breeders' Cup Distaff last November.
“We work hard to ensure that our clients get the experience that best suits their interests,” she added. As a result, “we have a lot of repeat VIP clients who use our services every year.”
DerbyDeals.com, a unit of Indianapolis-based Access Entertainment Group LLC, has some interesting insights about the ticket-buying landscape, said Austen, who works out of the company’s Jeffersonville, Ind., office.
Here are top observations about the Belmont Stakes ticket scene in 2017, according to DerbyDeals.com, which is a member of the National Association of Ticket Brokers and is part of StubHub.com’s invitation-only Top Seller Program:
1. Tickets to the Belmont Stakes are more affordable this year than in years when there is a Triple Crown contender. An average cost of $222 per ticket for this year’s Belmont Stakes is far less than the average price of $417 in 2014, when California Chrome fell short of winning the big prize, and $424 in 2015 when American Pharoah accomplished the feat of winning the Triple Crown — the first horse to do so in 37 years.
2. General admission tickets start at $25. An upgraded general admission, called Toast the Turn, is offered for $45. It includes access to craft beer tastings between 1:30 and 5:30 p.m.
3. Reserved seating for the Belmont Stakes ranges from $50 to $450.
4. Hospitality tables are priced between $350 and $675.
5. Clubhouse reserved tickets, starting at $115 each, were available as of late Thursday.
6. Grandstand reserved tickets, starting at $50 each, also were available as of late Thursday.
7. Most tickets for the Belmont Stakes already are sold, but tickets are available via verified ticket resellers such as DerbyDeals.com.
8. The highest-priced tickets for the Belmont are based on great views of the track and availability of gourmet food and premium bar options. The most popular and desirable luxury seating option this year is the Garden Terrace Restaurant on the 4th level.
9. By race day, the most affordable Belmont Stakes ticket will cost about $20.
10. And, yes, Belmont Stakes tickets will be available on race day.
“No matter what you can afford, there is a ticket price for every budget this year and its a good bang for the buck,” said Austen. She added that DerbyDeals.com has had steady sales throughout the 2017 season of Triple Crown Races. “It’s not unusual to get last-minute shoppers who want to take in the sights and sounds of Thoroughbred racing. And upstate New York is a beautiful place to be this time of year.”