We’re excited by our success during our first Kickstarter campaign and really thank all those backers who want to be the first to explore with the world’s first bionic underwater drone
Wilmington, DE (PRWEB) July 18, 2017
Robosea’s BIKI, a new unmanned underwater vehicle (UUV) designed with advanced bionics technology, has concluded its successful crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter and has shifted sales to Indiegogo InDemand.
“We’re excited by our success during our first Kickstarter campaign and really thank all those backers who want to be the first to explore with the world’s first bionic underwater drone,” said Dr. Minglei Xiong, CEO of Robosea, the company that developed the BIKI.
Crowdfunders have invested more than $200,000 for BIKI, the world’s first underwater robot with dual reconfigurable tail fin that is easily be controlled with any smart device.
BIKI supports 4k video as well as 16-megapixel photography at 30 fps, offering the best view from underwater – even when operating at high-speed or in darkness. In the event of a lost connection, a built-in GPS module makes BIKI automatically return to base or send real-time locations to mobile devices.
With an infrared positioning sensor, BIKI can avoid obstacles automatically and adapt to different complex environments intelligently, can run up to 120 minutes on a single charge – and can operate at depths of nearly 200 feet.
BIKI features include:
- Advanced Bionics Tech
- With bionic design, BIKI UUV minimizes the volume and weight, and increases the efficiency by 30%.
- Able to get into everywhere
- Automated Balance
- Principle: set-in inertial measurement unit (IMU) and exclusive algorithm ROBOSEA™
- Result: keep balance in the water
- Automated Obstacle Avoidance
- Principle: infrared positioning sensor
- Result: adapt to complex environment intelligently
- Automated Return to Base
- Principle: built-in GPS module
- Result: automatically return to base and send real-time location to your mobile devices
- 4K ultra-high definition (UHD) resolution of 3840 pixels × 2160 lines (8.3 megapixels, aspect ratio 16:9)
- Compact size (weight of 2.4 pounds, 10.47-inch length, 4.17-inch Width and 5.83-inch height)
- Durable open shell
- inertial measurement unit (IMU)
- ROBOSEA algorithm
- Underwater suspension
- 1.12 mph fishtail-driven design
- 196-foot maximum depth
- 55db ultra silent
- 150° Wide-Angle Lens
- 32 GB Internal Memory
- 2*114 Lumen Lights
- Wireless control and transmission
- Route customization
- 90-120 minutes of video shooting
For more information or to purchase BIKI, visit Indiegogo InDemand.
Robosea is an entrepreneurial technology company focusing on highly-precise technology development, which mainly engages in R&D of underwater robot and automation equipment, as well as robotic technology training and service. Existing self-developed products include: underwater unmanned aerial vehicle, biomimetic robot fish, water quality monitoring and pollution regulating robots, etc. The founder of the company is Dr. Xiong Minglei from intelligent control room of engineering Institute of Peking University, who develop industry-university-research cooperation with a R&D team consisting of doctors and masters. For more information about Robosea, visit http://www.roboocean.com.
BIKI-underwater photography robotic fish adopted advanced artificial intelligence technology and wireless underwater communication system, realizing wireless control on robotic fish under water and breaking the barriers of cable controlling robot under the eater. It creates an extremely good user experience for swimming, diving and underwater photography fans who can carry out real-time control on movement of the robotic fish, capturing wonderful underwater moments freely. For updates on its latest unmanned underwater vehicle, BIKI, visit mybiki.com.