LINCOLN, R.I. (PRWEB) July 25, 2017
It’s that time of year when people are hitting the road and traveling to summer destinations. But the summer heat can really take a toll on a vehicle if it isn’t maintained properly.
According to Car Care Council, four out of 10 drivers are unprepared for vehicle breakdowns. It’s important to take precautions and make any necessary repairs so that your vehicle is ready for the highway. That’s why Amica Insurance is sharing the following tips from Car Care Council:
- Check the battery and replace it, if necessary. Be sure the electrical system is charging at the correct rate. Overcharging can damage a battery.
- Examine the tires, including the spare. Make sure the tire pressure and tread are at recommended levels. Uneven wear indicates a need for wheel alignment. Tires should also be checked for bulges and bald spots.
- Check the HVAC (heating, ventilating and air conditioning) system, as proper cooling performance is critical for interior comfort.
- Make sure all fluids are at the proper levels. This includes engine oil, power steering, brake and transmission fluids, as well as windshield washer solvent and antifreeze/coolant.
- Examine the wipers and lighting so that you can see and be seen. Be sure all interior and exterior lighting is working properly, and replace worn wiper blades.
- Check the emergency kit and restock it, if necessary. Be sure to fully charge cellphones before leaving home.
About Amica Insurance
Amica Mutual Insurance Co., the nation’s oldest mutual insurer of automobiles, was founded in 1907. The company, based in Lincoln, Rhode Island, is a national writer of auto, home, marine and umbrella insurance. Life coverage is available through Amica Life Insurance Company, a wholly owned subsidiary. Amica employs more than 3,700 people in 44 offices across the country. For more information, visit Amica.com.
Media inquiries can be sent to MediaCenter(at)amica(dot)com.
Facebook: Amica Mutual Insurance Co.