Summer cookouts, and the crumbs they leave behind, are the perfect targets for ants in need of food and water
(PRWEB) July 27, 2017
Spotting a line for food at a summer barbeque can be exciting, but not when it’s accompanied with a line of ants. Bug Busters says prevention of these picnic-crashing pests is key because they can be difficult to control once they infiltrate a property in large numbers.
“Summer cookouts, and the crumbs they leave behind, are the perfect targets for ants in need of food and water,” says Bug Busters Chief Operating Officer Court Parker. “There are, however, quick tips and tricks that homeowners can use to sidestep ant infestations. These simple efforts can go a long way, as ants can contaminate food and colony sizes can be quite large depending on the species.”
Homeowners can implement the following ant prevention recommendations from Bug Busters and the National Pest Management Association (NPMA):
- Eliminate sources of moisture or standing water; repair leaky pipes or faucets.
- Quickly clean up crumbs and spills as soon as possible.
- Do the dishes, wipe down counters, tabletops, sweep up floors and remove trash regularly.
- Don’t leave leftover dog and cat food dishes sitting out all day; pick up dishes once the animals are done eating.
- Check under appliances and behind garbage cans where crumbs and residue can accumulate.
- Keep tree branches and other plants cut back from the house.
- Seal any cracks or small openings around the foundation of the home and repair ripped screens as these can serve as entry points.
For more information on pest prevention for all seasons, please visit bugbustersusa.com. For further details on scheduling an interview with a Bug Busters expert who can share ever more creepy crawly facts and pest-prevention ideas, please contact court(at)bugbustersusa(dot)com or 1-800-210-6262.
Bug Busters has been family owned and operated since 1984 and is committed to providing top-notch residential and commercial pest control services in the Southeast. While offering the most effective pest control services available, Bug Busters is dedicated to doing so with respect for the environment. The company focuses on the control, removal and monitoring of all types of crawling and flying pests including mosquitoes, rodents, bed bugs, termites, spiders and more. Bug Busters stresses the importance of knowing customers personally and offering thorough and tailored service with a vow to excellence in the products and services that it provides.