Chandler, AZ (PRWEB) August 29, 2017
Join fellow community college educators and leaders as a presenter at the 2018 Innovations Conference in National Harbor, MD, March 18-21. Showcase model programs, share lessons learned, and experience a wide array of new ideas through five conference topics:
- Learning and Teaching
- Leadership and Organization
- Workforce Preparation and Development
- Student Success
- Basic Skills and Developmental Education
STEM proposals are invited for all conference topics.
The League for Innovation requests proposals for the following presentation formats:
- Forums are one-hour breakout sessions featuring a successful practice, innovative program, or timely issue related to a conference track.
- Roundtable Discussions are one-hour sessions that afford a personal and interactive setting for the exploration of key issues related to a conference track.
- Poster Sessions are one-hour visual displays among which conference participants move freely.
The Innovations Conference is the foremost convening for community college professionals, fostering innovation in teaching and learning and enhancing the higher education experience.
This year’s event will take place at the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center. Just 15 minutes due south of our nation’s capital, National Harbor is a resort destination with easy access to the Washington D.C.-Maryland-Virginia region.
Presenters are required to register and pay the conference registration fee. Neither honoraria nor expenses are provided to presenters.
The deadline for submitting proposals is October 6, 2017.
New at Innovations 2018!
- Lightning Talks
- Ignite Theater in the Exhibition Hall
- An evening reception with light hors d'oeuvres, two continental breakfasts, two lunches, and a refreshment and coffee break
For more information, visit the 2018 Innovations Conference website. This event is hosted by Prince George’s Community College and Baltimore City Community College.
About the League for Innovation in the Community College
The League for Innovation in the Community College (League) is an international nonprofit organization with a mission to cultivate innovation in the community college environment. The League hosts conferences and institutes, develops print and digital resources, and leads projects and initiatives with almost 500 member colleges, 100 corporate partners, and a host of other government and nonprofit agencies in a continuing effort to advance the community college field and make a positive difference for students and communities. Information about the League and its activities is available at http://www.league.org.