Riverside, MI (PRWEB) August 30, 2017
Lindberg/MPH announced the shipment of a gas-fired immersion lead melting furnace to a repeat customer in the battery industry. The melting and holding furnace will be used in the production of lead plates for automotive batteries.
The melting furnace is designed with nine immersion tubes, each with its own burner, boasting over 28,000 square inches of heat transfer area. This immersion furnace design provides efficient heating of the metal without super heating which prevents metal losses.
The maximum temperature rating of this melting furnace is 900°F. The furnace has a melt rate of 21,000 lbs. per hour, a holding capacity of 121,000 lbs. of molten lead and a maximum input of 3,000,000 Btu/hour. The bath features an extra-long 22” bath extension with an 18” wide front well. This tube furnace design is CE certified for use on 380/3/50 current for the end user.
“At Lindberg/MPH we work with our customers to offer the most effective and efficient solution to their application. This tube furnace uses immersion heat which allows for efficient and economical melting and holding of the lead along with the precise temperature control that is required for the customer’s casting process.”- Andrew Paul, Sales Representative
Unique features of this Lindberg/MPH immersion tube furnaces include:
- Individually operable spark ignited burners with flame rod flame safety
- Each burner has its own gas/air ration regulator assuring the correct air and gas mixture for dependable ignition and efficient combustion
- On-off firing allows for a wide input range virtually eliminating temperature creep
- The sow cradle protects the immersion tubes from possible damage from charging of large and heavy lead hogs
- Optional well extensions
- The hog ramp feeding onto the sow cradle allows for automatic loading of lead hogs and gently slides the pigs into the bath
- The extended well at the front of the furnace was designed into the furnace specifically to provide the necessary space for the customer’s casting process equipment
- Forced air cooling of the rear splash shield support and the front tube hold down structure eliminates heat distortion of the support structural.
This immersion tube furnace was completely factory assembled, pre-wired, piped and tested prior to shipment. All Lindberg/MPH equipment comes with an exclusive 3-year warranty, which covers all materials for all components (less wear items).
In addition to melting and holding furnaces for non-ferrous alloys, Lindberg/MPH is a leading manufacturer of standard and custom industrial heat treat furnaces, including pit, box, IQ, and belt type for the ferrous and non-ferrous markets. Lindberg/MPH customers cover a wide range of industries including aerospace/military, automotive, commercial heat treating, energy/oil, electronics and the forging markets. Founded in 1917, the company has more than 75,000 industrial furnace installations worldwide and their equipment is backed by a full range of customer support services and the most extensive replacement parts inventory in the industry. Lindberg/MPH is a proven leader in the thermal processing industry, with a long track record of proven policies and management practices.
Lindberg/MPH is owned by Thermal Product Solutions (“TPS”), a leading American manufacturer of custom industrial ovens used for heat treating, finishing, drying, curing, manufacturing automation and process control. TPS is a global leader in thermal processing products and test solutions with brands including Baker Furnace, BlueM, Gruenberg, Tenney, Lindberg, Lunaire, MPH, and Wisconsin Oven. For more information on equipment solutions from TPS visit the website at http://www.thermalproductsolutions.com. #226238