“..... The ruler's trusteeship of the resources of the State which belong to the people is a part of the legal heritage of Sri Lanka” the Great Chronicle – Mahawamsa, 300 BC
Colombo, Sri Lanka (PRWEB) September 13, 2017
High Court of Justice of United Kingdom had upheld the deals by Standard Chartered Bank, whilst a 3-Member Arbitral Tribunal of the London Court of International Arbitration had set aside the deals as speculative and a 3-Member Arbitral Tribunal of the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes had delivered a divided Award, 2 Members upholding, whilst the 3rd Member rejecting that speculative debt can by no means be an investment, in-terms of the Investment Promotion & Protection Treaty.
The Author discloses his public interest endeavours before the Supreme Court of Sri Lanka, the highest judiciary, where he had obtained confessionary statements from several concerned persons, disclosing that they had been compromised by the Banks concerned. The Attorney General of Sri Lanka had vehemently objected to the Author’s public interest litigations in Sri Lanka, and had opted to defend the multiple foreign legal proceedings, incurring huge costs, by misleading the Supreme Court, that the Author was ‘time-barred’, which was an absurdity, as disclosed by the Author. Nevertheless, the Author pursuing efforts in the public interest, had saved the Government of Sri Lanka a colossal US $ 300 million on the Claims by the Banks on these Deals, as disclosed in Volume II.
This monumental series of Books by the Author have been highly commended by internationally eminent personalities, specialized in the relevant subjects : viz
- James D. Ratley, CFE, President & CEO, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, US - “These Books are worthy additions to our Library”
- Dr. Ye Feng, Secretary-General, International Association of Anti-Corruption Authorities, Vice President, International Association of Prosecutors, Member, Prosecuting Committee, Supreme People’s Procuratorate, China - “These are of material relevance and educational value to anti-corruption authorities globally combatting the cancerous menace of economic fraud and corruption”
- Beatrice Edwards, Executive Director, Government Accountability Project, leading Whistleblower Organization in US - “For those who seek first stand accounts of the ways in which international financial fraud takes place, these Books are invaluable”
- Christiane Pohn-Hufnagln, Chief of Staff, UN International Anti-Corruption Academy, Austria - “These case studies and the information gathered and analyzed in these publications will be very helpful for the future work of the Academy and for the students studying and visiting it. We wish you all success in your work as an eminent Author and specialist fighting corruption”
- Jayantha Dhanapala, former Under-Secretary General, United Nations, President, Pugwash Conferences on Science & World Affairs - “This is a courageous effort to assert the democratic freedoms of civil society, to protect the resources of the people from indiscriminate plunder”
The Synopses in English, Sinhala & Tamil Languages of the Series of 14 Books are in simple, reader-friendly, short story formats compiled for the benefit of the general reading public, in whose very interest this series of Books had been compiled by the Author as “Researched Real Case Studies & Contemporary Realities Fraud & Corruption, Economic Crime, Public Finance, Governance & Rule of Law”.
The Author highlights the socio-political realities and that the root cause for abject human poverty, is the pillage and plunder, by a socio-politically powerful and insatiably greedy few, of the very resources, which rightfully and lawfully belong to the vast majority of the people.
Ameresekere postulates that this only has led to the “widespread abject poverty globally, and even justifiable rebellions, causing the violation of human rights, denying the impoverished many of the basic needs for their very livelihoods, of food, shelter, clothing, medication, education, et al.” He also focuses on the plight of humanity as a result of rebellions, and the efforts by those socio-politically powerful, seeking to quell such rebellions, saying that they are “ironically utilizing the very resources, which belong to such vast impoverished majority of the people.”
Author had been highly commended by Professor Emeritus, Dr. Lakshman Marasinghe, Chairman, Sri Lanka Law Commission; Dr. A.S. Jayawardena, Governor Central Bank of Sri Lanka; Mr. K. Kanag-Isvaran, President’s Counsel, Lincoln’s Inn, Barrister, UK; Mr. S.P. Sriskantha, reputed Lawyer in Sri Lanka; Mr. Mohan Mendis, a renowned business management strategist.
SOURCE: C21 Marketing (USA) Inc.
Books are available from publishers, AuthorHouse US & UK http://www.authorhouse.com, http://www.authorhouse.co.uk, and internationally from leading e-retailers. For more information visit: http://www.consultants21books.com