WCET’s Executive Director Among Thought Leaders Featured in New White Paper on the Future (PRWEB) August 31, 2017
The WICHE Cooperative for Educational Technologies’ (WCET) Executive Director was recently interviewed by Blackboard Inc., a leading education technology company for teaching, learning and student engagement, for a new white paper exploring the future of higher education.
Based on in-depth interviews with Mike, along with 12 other higher education thought leaders, the white paper “Future Forward: The Next Twenty Years of Higher Education” is being released in conjunction with Blackboard’s 20th anniversary. To compile this new resource, Blackboard asked U.S. higher education leaders to share their insights into what the higher education institution of the future will look like; how other industries will influence higher education; how technology will enable change in the way learning is delivered and assessed; and a variety of other topics.
The following key themes emerged from the interviews and are detailed in the white paper:
- The current higher education system is unsustainable and ill-suited for a globally connected world that is constantly changing.
- Colleges and universities will have to change their current business model to continue to thrive, boost revenue and drive enrollment.
- New technologies will allow faculty to shift their focus to the application of learning rather than the acquisition of knowledge.
- Data and the ability to transform that data into action will be the new lifeblood of the institution.
- The heart and soul of any institution are its people. Adopting new technologies is only a small piece of the puzzle; institutions must also work with faculty and staff to change institutional culture.
In the white paper, Mike discusses the most important developments in higher education, the excitement over Artificial Intelligence (AI) and its impact on higher education, and the cultural shift that is happening in postsecondary education due to technological innovations.
To view the white paper in full, visit http://www.blackboard.com/future-forward.
The WICHE Cooperative for Educational Technologies (WCET) is the leader in the practice, policy, and advocacy of technology-enhanced higher education. WCET is widely recognized as one of the most informative, reliable and forward-thinking organizations regarding the role of technology and innovation in higher education. More information about WCET’s institutional membership resources and services can be found on WCET’s website.
About Blackboard Inc.
Our mission is to partner with the global education community to enable learner and institutional success, leveraging innovative technologies and services. With an unmatched understanding of the world of the learner, the most comprehensive student-success solutions, and the greatest capacity for innovation.