“This CREATe.org eBook helps inform those across an organization about the NIST Cybersecurity Framework and the ‘why and how’ it is used.”
Washington, DC (PRWEB) September 06, 2017
The NIST Cybersecurity Framework – the go-to enterprise-wide risk management approach for cybersecurity – is being used by organizations of all sizes and in varied sectors to measure and communicate their approach to cybersecurity internally and with their key third parties. The Center for Responsible Enterprise And Trade (CREATe.org) today releases a new resource, “Overview of the NIST Cybersecurity Framework: An eBook for the C-Suite, Boards and Others Involved in Protecting Confidential Corporate Assets.”
The eBook offers a resource that can be used to learn about:
- How the Framework was developed;
- Components of the Framework – the Functions, Categories, Subcategories and References;
- Benefits of utilizing the Framework for enterprise-wide cybersecurity; and
- Examples of how the Framework is being implemented by organizations.
“Effective cybersecurity is not just an information technology issue – it requires embedding controls across an organization and involving people in a range of roles,” stated Pamela Passman, President and CEO of the Center for Responsible Enterprise And Trade (CREATe.org). “This eBook helps inform those across an organization about the Framework and the ‘why and how’ it is used.”
This eBook builds on CREATe’s other resources for information security, governance and compliance (available at http://www.create.org/resources). This includes:
- Whitepaper: Cyber Risk: Navigating the Rising Tide of Cybersecurity Regulation
- eBook Safeguarding Trade Secrets and Mitigating Threats
- Whitepaper: “Protecting Intellectual Property through Enterprise Risk Management
- Report: Broadening Adoption of the NIST Cybersecurity Framework: Learnings from the CREATe Cybersecurity Advisory Council about the Key Ways to Help Companies Operationalize Leading Practices for Cybersecurity
To download the free eBook, visit https://create.org/resource/ebook-overview-nist-cybersecurity-framework/
For more information, please email info(at)CREATe(dot)org.
About the NIST Framework
The voluntary Framework for Improving Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity (the “Framework”), developed by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (“NIST”) provides a risk-based approach that addresses the “people, processes and technology” necessary for effective cybersecurity.
About the Center for Responsible Enterprise And Trade (CREATe.org)
The Center for Responsible Enterprise And Trade (CREATe.org) is a non-governmental organization (NGO) with a mission to promote leading practices in cybersecurity, intellectual property (IP) and trade secret protection, and anti-corruption.
To achieve this mission, CREATe.org conducts a range of activities – from publishing reports and whitepapers, working with leading practitioners and experts through Advisory Councils, and contributing insights to a range of publications and events – designed to provide practical resources to educate organizations about the leading approaches to managing risk and improving governance and compliance.
CREATe.org launched its wholly-owned subsidiary, CREATe Compliance, to work directly with enterprises on the use of CREATe Leading Practices, a range of services enabling organizations to assess, manage and improve the business processes necessary for effective risk mitigation, governance and compliance. Services include:
- CREATe Leading Practices for Anti-Corruption – aligned to ISO 37001 and leading international guidance
- CREATe Leading Practices for Cybersecurity – aligned to the NIST Cybersecurity Framework
- CREATe Leading Practices for Intellectual Property Protection
- CREATe Leading Practices for Trade Secret Protection
For information about CREATe.org, email: info@CREATe.org. Please follow us on Twitter @CREATe_org or connect with us on LinkedIn.
# # #
Director of Marketing and Communications