Glen Ellyn, Illinois (PRWEB) September 07, 2017
As it celebrates its sixth anniversary, Marcel’s Culinary Experience (http://www.marcelsculinaryexperience.com), a gourmet retailer and recreational cooking school in Glen Ellyn, Ill. (Chicago suburb), has announced the addition of three chef/instructors and unveiled a new class schedule for the upcoming quarter.
New to the Marcel’s teaching team are:
- Brandy Fernow, a graduate of Kendall College and former management consultant who has taught recreational cooking at Kendall and elsewhere throughout Chicagoland;
- Kiley Fields, a private chef who worked in marketing and advertising before completing culinary school at Illinois Institute of Art; and
- Julie Szimon, who attended Robert Morris College of Culinary Arts while raising her children; then spent six weeks in the Italian/French Riviera, cooking, blogging and photographing 20 cities, receiving a certificate from Apicius International School of Hospitality, Florence, Italy.
“The new instructors bring their own unique backgrounds and culinary perspectives to Marcel’s, increasing the depth and breadth of our offerings,” said owner Jill Foucré. “Since opening in 2011, we’ve designed our classes around what customers have told us they want to learn. As always, the new schedule features options for cooks of all skill levels, ages and interests, and classes take place several times each week.”
Highlights of the upcoming schedule of 59 classes include:
- Fall-focused classes featuring seasonal ingredients (apple cider), dishes (soups, chili, autumn breads) and menus (Napa harvest brunch, game day ribs/chili).
- Classes for young cooks ages 6 to 8, 9 to 11, and 12 to 16, including favorite foods (corn fest), holiday favorites (Halloween treats), and international cuisines (Italian Feast). There’s also a multi-day kids camp scheduled between Christmas and New Year’s.
- Holiday classes, including cocktails and festive appetizers, holiday cookie exchange, Feast of the Seven Fishes, and Spanish Christmas.
Marcel’s also arranges private classes, parties and other events – in the store as well as homes, offices and other locations – and for groups of all sizes.
“With the holidays approaching, it’s not too early to book a date,” said Foucré.
For more information, stop by the Marcel’s (490 N. Main St., Glen Ellyn), call 630-790-8500 or visit http://www.marcelsculinaryexperience.com.
About Marcel’s Culinary Experience
Marcel’s Culinary Experience is a combination retail store and recreational cooking school located at 490 N. Main St. in historic downtown Glen Ellyn, Ill., about 20 miles west of downtown Chicago. Marcel’s operates a full schedule of culinary classes for cooks of all ages and skill levels, and is available for in-store private events of up to 60 people, as well as in-home or in-office options featuring a private chef. The retail space is stocked with fine cookware and hardworking professional tools, exquisite tablewares, specialty foods and one-of-a-kind items. Marcel’s owner is Jill Foucré, a former health insurance executive, who named the space after her grandfather, a French chef and restaurateur. For more information visit http://www.marcelsculinaryexperience.com.