Frederick, MD (PRWEB) September 14, 2017
Friday, September 29th from 5-8pm at Milkhouse Brewery- 8253 Dollyhyde Rd, Mt Airy, MD. Customers can attend the event free of charge. Attendees will be able to participate in
- Drafts of three Honeyjack barrel aged beer releases from Milkhouse Brewery,
- Samples of mead from Orchid Cellar Meadery and Winery,
- Samples of Honeyjack and other spirits from Tenth Ward Distilling Company,
- Bottle purchases of mead and/or spirits to go,
- Food prepared with the featured beverages by local food truck- Knife and a Kitchen.
In celebration of a local collaborative effort involving three Frederick County craft beverage manufacturers, Milkhouse Brewery is tapping three different beer styles that were aged in a used Honeyjack (spirit distilled from honey mead) barrel. The project began when Tenth Ward sourced a bulk batch of 270 gallons of mead from Orchid Cellar. The mead was distilled, aged in a used oat whiskey barrel for 11 months then bottled and labeled “Honeyjack”. The barrel then went onto Milkhouse Brewery and was used to age three different styles of beer.
$5 sample flights of the feature beer, Orchid Cellar’s mead, Tenth Ward’s Honeyjack, and other Tenth Ward spirits will be offered as well as bottle sales to go. Mead or spirit tasting fee will be waived with purchase of one bottle. Milkhouse will be tapping the following three Honeyjack barrel-aged beers for purchase Goldies Best Bitter, Dollyhide Farmhouse Ale, Coppermine Creek Dry Stout.
The event page can be found on Facebook here https://www.facebook.com/events/1944888105833073/. Any updates or announcements regarding the event will be posted there as well.