We’ve been perfecting Cubibot for over two and a half years to achieve a smarter, safer and easier-to-use personal product that makes 3D printing accessible to the masses and it does not require 3D printing expertise
San Diego, CA (PRWEB) September 26, 2017
The product raised more than $150,000 within 30 minutes after it was introduced on Kickstarter.
“We’ve been perfecting Cubibot for over two and a half years to achieve a smarter, safer and easier-to-use personal product that makes 3D printing accessible to the masses and it does not require 3D printing expertise,” according to Aria Noorazar, Co-founder of Cubibot, which is based in the San Diego Innovation Center. “If you can setup and use a regular printer, you can use Cubibot.”
Cubibot, which surpassed its $50,000 goal within minutes after launching on Kickstarter, is an elegant and small device that fits onto any tabletop, adding style and practicality to the modern office or home. Cubibot also allows users to print wirelessly from anywhere in the world with an Android or iOS device along with interchangeable side cover colors to give it a dynamic design and perfect fit for any lifestyle. Cubibot allows users to print any model through its web-based platform, and its heated bed allows printing with a wide range of materials
Given Cubibot’s features such as filtered ventilation, heated bed and the ability to print a wide range of materials; Cubibot is ideal for engineers who want to see and feel their CAD designed products, a hobbyist who prints parts for fun or for their business, schools and classrooms for students who would use Cubibot to learn, or someone who simply wants to create or customize everyday objects for the home. Consumers, students, designers, and artists alike can experiment with new ideas and make technical prototypes.
- Fully automated smart self-leveling build platform for ease of use
- Filtered ventilation with replaceable filter for safer 3d printing
- Wi-Fi enabled for wireless connectivity
- Heated print bed to print with a wide range of materials
- Cloud-printing capabilities with cloud side slicing engine
- Plug-n-print. all you need to do is plug it in and click on print
- Modern design to match anyone’s individual lifestyle
- Prints in PLA, specialty PLAs, ABS, Nylon, and more
- Smart status notification provides project status at all times
- Easily accessible web-based platform
- Easy release (as bed cools down the printed part is easily removable)
- Android app for mobile use
- iOS app for mobile use
- No setup required
- High-temperature nozzle allows printing with more advanced materials
- Interchangeable side accent vibrant colors for a dynamic design
Printer Specifications are:
- Exterior dimensions are only 10" x 10" x 10"
- Print sizes: 5" X 5" X 5", 125 Cubic inches
- Resolution: 50 - 300 microns
- Print Speeds up to 80 mm/s
- Software: Web based Web based platform
- Software Compatibility: Windows 7 and 8, Android, iOS, Mac
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Cloud, USB
Cubibot is a 3D printer that is both smart and consumer friendly. It comes ready loaded with CubiSoft, Cubibot’s easy to use Web-based software, for an out-of-the-box experience designed to be as simple or as comprehensive as necessary for both 3D printing enthusiasts and everyday consumers. Once the design is uploaded from any local device or from Cubibot's cloud servers, the software will automatically position the model for print. Users are then able to add, delete, or re-position their model. If happy with the design, they just click print.
The printer also has a built-in, filtered ventilation system, a critical feature which is lacking in many consumer 3D printers. Cubibot filters make it a safer 3D printer than non-filtered 3D Printers, and users also have the option of disabling Cubibot’s heated bed at a click of a button for anyone who prefers to only use PLA for printing.
“We hope to give people the freedom to create their designs whether they’re already 3D printer pros or if they’re completely new to 3D printing,” Noorazar said. “We invite the existing 3D printing community and newcomers who would want to support our mission to bring easy to use, compact, safe, remote, smart and affordable 3D printing to the masses.”