SCOTTSDALE, AZ (PRWEB) September 12, 2017
NCPDP announced today the call for proposals for its 2018 Annual Technology & Business Conference, Industry United to Improve the Patient Journey, which will be held May 7-9, 2018, at the Westin Kierland Resort & Spa in Scottsdale, Arizona. The deadline to submit a proposal is September 29, 2017. Preference will be given to case studies and pilot results with a focus on improving the patient experience.
NCPDP’s national conference draws more than 700 attendees from across the healthcare industry, including technical, business and executive representatives from health plans, pharmacy benefit managers, retail and independent pharmacies, long -term care providers, healthcare consultants, technology vendors, manufacturers, wholesale drug distributors, database management organizations and others.
NCPDP encourages the submission of proposals covering a broad range of educational, informative healthcare and pharmacy topic areas, such as:
- Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs)
- Clinical Direct Messaging beyond Provider to Provider
- Compliance, accreditation, government mandates and audits
- Compounding/specialty pharmacy regulation and trends
- EHR Connectivity; Physician and pharmacy collaboration and cooperation through technology
- Electronic Prior Authorization (ePA); EPCS; ePrescribing quality
- HIPAA; Patient Protection and ACA requirements/challenges; Health Information Exchange
- Prescription Drug Monitoring Programs (PDMPs)
- Impact of Unique Device Identifier (UDI), FDA’s Global Unique Device Identifier Database (GUDID)
- Integrating data from "wearables" into Health IT (legal, ethical, technical challenges)
- Medication Therapy Management (MTM) services and the expanded role of pharmacist
- Medicare Star Ratings and quantifiable government costs
- Pharmacy benefit delivery models
- Real-time benefits inquiry
- Pharmacy Quality Measures
- Specialty Pharmacy
- Trends in Telehealth (TelePharmacy/Telemedicine across the country as it pertains to pharmacy); Human aspect of telehealth; Health Apps and Mobile Technologies Role in Pharmacy
- 340B claims
For more topics, information or to submit a proposal, visit: http://ncpdp.org/ac/call-for-proposals-info.aspx.
For real-time updates before and during the conference, follow us at http://twitter.com/ncpdp or join the discussion using NCPDP’s 2018 Annual Technology & Business Conference hashtag: #NCPDP18.
Founded in 1977, NCPDP is a not-for-profit, ANSI-accredited, Standards Development Organization with approximately 1,500 members representing virtually every sector of the pharmacy services industry. Our diverse membership provides leadership and healthcare business solutions through education and standards, created using the consensus building process. NCPDP has been named in federal legislation, including HIPAA, MMA, and HITECH. NCPDP members have created standards such as the Telecommunication Standard and Batch Standard, the SCRIPT Standard for ePrescribing, the
Manufacturer Rebate Standard, and more to improve communication within the pharmacy industry. Our data products include dataQ®, a robust database of information on more than 80,000 pharmacies, resQ™, an industry pharmacy credentialing resource, and HCIdea®, an innovative prescriber database that provides continually updated information on more than 2.5 million prescribers. NCPDP's RxReconn® is a legislative tracking product for real-time monitoring of pharmacy-related state and national legislative and regulatory activity. For more information about NCPDP Standards, Data Services, Products, Educational Programs and Work Group meetings, go online at http://www.ncpdp.org or call 480.477.1000.