I am extremely thankful to everyone who has worked quickly and diligently to help us reopen the hospital rapidly. We are ready to start serving our community and patients again."
Tarpon Springs, FL (PRWEB) September 12, 2017
Florida Hospital North Pinellas will reopen for patient care on Wednesday, September 13, 2017 at 7:00am. The hospital closed on September 9 in an abundance of caution due to the increasing threat of Hurricane Irma to the area.
Florida Hospital North Pinellas experienced some damage to the exterior of the building as a result of Hurricane Irma. Architect and engineer assessments confirmed there was no structural damage. The Agency for Healthcare Administration (AHCA) has approved the hospital to reopen. Repairs have been mobilized and are expected to take approximately two weeks for completion.
"I am incredibly proud of our entire team for their hard work and dedication to our patients, our hospital, and the community throughout this challenging time,” says Tricia Williams, President and CEO of Florida Hospital North Pinellas. “I am extremely thankful to everyone who has worked quickly and diligently to help us reopen the hospital rapidly. We are excited and ready to start serving our community and patients again.”
Here are the latest updates on other hospital operations:
- The Florida Hospital Palm Harbor ER located at 34106 US 19 North, Palm Harbor, FL 34684 remains open.
- Florida Hospital North Pinellas Wound Healing Institute of Trinity opened on Tuesday, September 12
- The Wound Care Center in Tarpon Springs will open on Wednesday, September 13.
- PT Solutions, a physical therapy service of Florida Hospital North Pinellas, remain open in East Lake and Trinity. The Palm Harbor location is still closed due to power outages.
- Several Florida Hospital Physician Group practices opened on September 12 at 12:00pm. For information on a specific office location, please call (844) 362-2329.
About Florida Hospital North Pinellas
Florida Hospital North Pinellas, located in Tarpon Springs, is a 168-bed, full-service hospital specializing in cardiovascular medicine, emergency medicine, orthopedics, wound healing, sleep medicine, women’s care, and general surgery including minimally invasive and robotic-assisted procedures. Florida Hospital North Pinellas has been nationally recognized by the American Heart Association, the American Stroke Association, The Joint Commission, and The Leapfrog Group, for excellence in providing quality patient care. Florida Hospital North Pinellas serves both the Pinellas and Pasco communities of West Central Florida. Part of the Adventist Health System, Florida Hospital is a leading health network comprised of 26 hospitals throughout the state. For more information, visit http://www.FHNorthPinellas.com.