FlexJobs and Remote.co are hosting the 2nd annual TRaD Works Forum Sept. 27-29, 2017 at the Kimpton Hotel Palomar in Washington, D.C.
Boulder, CO (PRWEB) September 13, 2017
FlexJobs and Remote.co are hosting the second annual TRaD* Works Forum (*Telecommuting, Remote, and Distributed) September 27-29, 2017 at the Kimpton Hotel Palomar in Washington, D.C.
When: September 27-29th, 2017
Who: Featured speakers and panelists include leaders from Cisco, Dell, Morgan Lewis, Xerox, ADP, Microsoft, Upwork; thought leaders from New America, Gallup, the Brookings Institute, Johns Hopkins University, MIT; government officials, and others.
Why: To create an event for the companies who are at the forefront of remote work, as well as for those interested to learn how they can advance their organization’s telecommuting, remote, and distributed (TRaD) work efforts.
- Nationally, telecommuting grew 115 percent between 2005 and 2015.
- Remote and flexible work is the top “demographic and socio-economic driver of change” in employment and the global future of work, according to The World Economic Forum’s Future of Jobs report.
- Remote work and cross-border hiring can have a sustainable impact on reducing global unemployment and underemployment.
- In more than half of the top U.S. metro areas, telecommuting exceeds public transportation as the commute option of choice. It has grown far faster than any other commute mode.
What: The agenda includes various keynotes, panels, and workshops related to the entire life cycle of remote and TRaD work. Topics include:
- Leveraging TRaD Work for Talent Attraction and Retention
- Uniting TRaD Work Stakeholders Across Organizations
- Supporting Professional Development and Mobility for Your TRaD Workforce
- Selecting and Optimizing TRaD Work Tools & Platforms
- Supporting Independent Workers in the TRaD Workforce
- The Global Impact of TRaD Work
- Identifying and Nurturing Aptitude for Remote Teams
- A Look at How Cisco Does TRaD Work
- The Power of Transparency, Open Communication and Accountability in a TRaD Workforce
- Structuring and Communicating your TRaD Work Culture and Policy
- Optimizing Meetings, Goal Tracking, and Other Tactics to Ensure TRaD Work Success
- The Future of the Workplace
Where: Kimpton Hotel Palomar Washington, D.C. located at 2121 P St NW
How: If you are interested in attending as press or in interviewing the panelists, please contact Kathy Gardner at kgardner(at)flexjobs.com.
FlexJobs is the leading online service for professionals seeking telecommuting, flexible schedule, part-time, and freelance jobs. With flexible job listings in over 50 career categories, and opportunities ranging from entry-level to executive and freelance to full-time, FlexJobs offers job seekers a safe, easy, and efficient way to find professional and legitimate flexible job listings. Having helped over two million people in their job searches, FlexJobs has appeared on CNN and Marketplace Money and in TIME, Forbes, Fortune, and hundreds of other trusted media outlets. FlexJobs' Founder & CEO Sara Sutton Fell has also launched two additional partner sites, Remote.co and 1 Million for Work Flexibility, to help provide education and awareness about the viability and benefits of remote working and work flexibility. Sutton Fell is also the creator of The TRaD* Works Forum (*Telecommuting, Remote, & Distributed), dedicated to helping companies leverage the benefits of telecommuting, remote and distributed teams.
Remote.co is the definitive remote work resource. Designed specifically for professionals and companies interested in or already embracing remote work, Remote.co is the leading space for innovative conversations around remote work.