San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) September 19, 2017
Guidebook, the leading higher education mobile app platform, along with NC State University and the Education Technology Consortium (ETC) today announced speakers and the agenda for the Mobile First for the Modern Campus Summit. The event, held at the North Carolina State University campus on October 6, 2017, brings together higher education professionals to discuss how to employ mobile technology across the entire student lifecycle – from prospective, to admitted, enrolled, first year, senior students and alumni.
What: Mobile First for the Modern Campus Summit
When: Friday, October 6, 2017, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. ET
Where: NC State Talley Student Union; 2610 Cates Ave; Raleigh, North Carolina
- Dr. Leslie Dare, Director of DASA Technology Services, Division of Academic & Student Affairs, NC State University
- Justin Hammond, Director of Marketing and Communications, Division of Academic and Student Affairs, NC State University
- Elizabeth Leslie, Coordinator for Residence Education in Residence Life and Housing, Wake Forest University
- Grace Hartman, Senior Associate Director of Admission and Director of the SCU Student Ambassador & Shadow SCU Programs, Santa Clara University
- Paul Manrique, Program Director of New Student Engagement, University of Notre Dame
- Mickey Howard, Associate Director of New Student and Family Programs, University of Florida
- Dr. Josie Ahlquist, Digital Leadership Educator, Author and Speaker
- Dr. Paul Gordon Brown, Expert on technology, social media, and design on college student learning and development.
- Kevin Wood, Co-Founder and CTO, Guidebook
- Chris Trudell, Guidebook Higher Ed, and former Associate Director of New Student and Family Programs, Clemson University
The Summit’s events are geared toward graduate students and professionals at all levels of a student affairs division : those who manage student programs and activities, admissions and enrollment, teams in charge of digital communications, web and social media strategies, and personnel involved in managing campus-wide technology initiatives. Topics to be covered on the complete agenda will include: understanding app data metrics and user behavior, embracing and incorporating mobile technology in your work, using mobile technology to increase student engagement, collaborating with mobile strategies, and how to budget for and select a mobile app for your campus.
“Higher ed institutions must reach students where they are - on their mobile devices - to attract prospective applicants, establish them as enrolled, and retain them,” said Kevin Wood, Co-Founder and CTO, Guidebook “A high caliber of speakers will help attendees truly understand the power of mobile technology and how to embrace mobile technology to best reach students, increase engagement and improve communications.”
Register for the event today and download the Mobile First for the Modern Campus app to get up-to-date information on the conference and the ability to network with attendees in advance of the event.
About NC State University
NC State University was founded with a purpose: to create economic, societal and intellectual prosperity for the people of North Carolina and the country. The university began as a land-grant institution teaching the agricultural and mechanical arts. Today, it is a pre-eminent research enterprise that excels in science, technology, engineering, math, design, the humanities and social sciences, textiles and veterinary medicine.
NC State students, faculty and staff take problems in hand and work with industry, government and nonprofit partners to solve them. Its 34,000-plus high-performing students apply what they learn in the real world by conducting research, working in internships and co-ops, and performing acts of world-changing service. That experiential education ensures they leave ready to lead the workforce, confident in the knowledge that NC State consistently rates as one of the best values in higher education.
The Education Technology Consortium (ETC) is a gathering of technology enthusiasts made up of scholars, university staff, faculty, and education technology vendors dedicated to improving the use of technology throughout higher education. The ETC is dedicated to equipping education professionals a network to successfully utilize technology to best serve their work and contemporary students.
Guidebook has been making it easy for people to create mobile guides for their organizations since 2011. The world’s most admired companies use Guidebook. So do 80% out of the top colleges in the United States. Guidebook is headquartered in San Francisco and has offices in Raleigh, North Carolina, London, England and Seoul, South Korea. The company is backed by MHS Capital and Mosaic Ventures. Learn more at http://www.guidebook.com and follow us at @guidebook. For photos and logos visit http://www.guidebook.com/press.