"We are constantly amazed by how much innovation [QCT is] building into their solutions that they provide ... the flexibility and willingness to understand our requirements ... and workloads ... and then customizing those solutions to meet those needs." -- Akhil Gupta, VP of Engineering, Dropbox
San Jose, California (PRWEB) September 20, 2017
SAN JOSE, Calif.—Sep 20, 2017—Quanta Cloud Technology (QCT), a global data center solution provider, unveiled a new lineup of server products incorporating the Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processors in mid-July. Now the company has started to deliver the new servers to Cloud Service Providers (CSP) to power its customer’s new computing frontiers for future growth. “Since QCT’s inception, our goal has been to help cloud service providers of every size to embrace data center transformation. QCT’s next-generation server platforms are a new milestone on our path to that goal,”said Mike Yang, President of QCT.
Videos below showcase insights and success stories from QCT's technology partnerships surrounding the Next-Generation Server Platform.
- Mike Yang: President, Quanta Cloud Technology
- Jason Waxman: Corporate Vice President General Manager, Data Center Solutions, Intel
- Jeff Wittich: Director of CSP Business Acceleration, Intel
- Akhil Gupta: VP of Engineering, Dropbox
On July 11th, QCT launched their next generation of server products based on the latest Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processor, which, with its significant leaps in I/O, memory, storage and network technologies, enables QCT to make considerable upgrades to its existing portfolio. In addition to leveraging these upgrades, the QCT next-generation platforms underwent breakthrough redesigns, enhancements and innovations to form a new foundation for secure, agile solutions for CSPs.
- Improved Computing Performance — up to 21 percent boost in transmission efficiency.
- Doubled Memory Capacity — support for up to 128GB per DIMMs. 1.5 times broader memory bandwidth, increasing to 6-channels per CPU.
- Improved I/O Capacity — more PCIe lanes to support U.2 SSD and networking adapters, ensuring no scaling bottlenecks.
- Extremely low system idle power.
- Optional 80 Plus Titanium PSU for reducing data center power consumption.
- Flexible I/O options, including a variety of SAS mezzanine and OCP NIC/ PHY mezzanine options, so users avoid the extra expense of unnecessary LOM or RAID controllers.
- Advanced thermal cooling to increase the efficiency and stability of cooling subsystems.
Quick Deployment and Maintenance
- Tool-less designs – including screwless drive trays and PCIe slot designs – greatly reduce operational cost and time.
- Intuitive data center management with QCT System Manager (QSM) via integration with industry standard RESTful API and Rack Scale Design (RSD).
- Ready-to-ship with whole rack, pre-stacked and pre-cabled.
- Out-of-box configuration tailored to support hyper-converged and software-defined solutions.
To watch a short video introducing the current line of QCT next-generation server products, click here.
This next-generation platform, based on the Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processors, is the latest in a long technology partnership between QCT and Intel. QCT has been working with Intel not only on the hardware platform side, but also on the solution side to ensure its software-defined data center offerings meet the strict Intel Select Solution criteria. “We've been very fortunate at Intel to collaborate with QCT over about the last decade, to bring about innovations to market very quickly. One of the latest successes has been the partnership from early design through early ship on the Intel Xeon Scalable platform [as part of the] Intel Select Solutions brand,” said Jason Waxman, Corporate Vice President General Manager, Data Center Solutions, Intel. “Together, Intel and QCT are able to deliver the performance efficiency and the agile and secure infrastructure that are allowing cloud service providers to meet their end user needs across a wide variety of cloud workloads and provide for new and differentiated services,” said Jeff Wittich, Director of CSP Business Acceleration, Intel.
As the new platforms combine Intel’s most advanced CPU features and QCT’s long-term expertise serving CSP customers, many early adopters have already tested the servers and expressed positive feedback.
“We’ve worked very closely with their teams to build customized storage solutions for our internal storage infrastructure called Magic Pocket. We are constantly amazed by how much innovation they’re building into their solutions that they provide to us, as well as the flexibility and willingness to understand our requirements and the needs and workloads our users have, and then customizing those solutions to meet those needs,” said Akhil Gupta, VP of Engineering at Dropbox.
“We're moving towards convergent systems, to reduce the total cost of ownership not only in terms of power consumption, but to optimize the existing infrastructure we have on the data center level. That is why we are committed to strong partnerships: Intel delivers the underlying technology, and QCT puts it together in a way that is usable for us at 1&1”, said Robert Hoffmann, CEO, 1&1 Internet SE.
***For more information about the QCT next-generation platform, please visit the product page.***
About Quanta Cloud Technology (QCT)
Quanta Cloud Technology (QCT) is a global data center solution provider. We combine the efficiency of hyperscale hardware with infrastructure software from a diversity of industry leaders to solve next-generation data center design and operation challenges. QCT serves cloud service providers, telecoms and enterprises running public, hybrid and private clouds.
Product lines include hyperconverged and software-defined data center solutions as well as servers, storage, switches and integrated racks with a diverse ecosystem of hardware component and software partners. QCT designs, manufactures, integrates and services cutting-edge offerings via its own global network. The parent of QCT is Quanta Computer, Inc., a Fortune Global 500 corporation.
Intel and Xeon are registered trademarks of Intel Corporation in the United States and other countries.