"More than anything, this event is a yearly opportunity for us to do our part to help those less fortunate than us, both as a community and as a company.” - CEO and Founder, Mark Bergman
Minneapolis, MN (PRWEB) September 21, 2017
Bercom International, manufacturer of HANDy Paint Products, announced the winners of its annual HANDy Paint Products Film Festival, which took place on September 9, 2017, at the company’s Chanhassen, Minn., headquarters.
- Grand Prize Winner: “Complementary Colors” by Cynthia Garcia of La Mirada, Calif., tells the sweet story of a budding romance between a homeowner and her painting contractor.
- Second Place Finalist: “Add a Little Magic” by Kali Bailey of Columbia, Tenn., features a young girl who takes her creative talents from paper and onto the walls, with the help of HANDy Paint Products.
- Third Place Finalists: Two finalists tied for third place: “From Cave to Caveman” by Nick Garrett of Plain City, Utah, shows what happens when an artistic caveman is introduced to HANDy Paint Products and “The Quest!” by Hugh Bennewitz of Hopkins, Minn., follows the main character as he makes a great pilgrimage to Pail Hedge.
- People’s Choice: The “From Cave to Caveman” film also won the people’s choice category.
To qualify for the contest, participants submitted short videos that demonstrated an original use of a HANDy Paint Product, such as the HANDy Paint Pail, Paint Tray, Paint Cup, Pro Pail, Grid and Ladder Pail. The HANDy Paint Products Online Video Contest grand prize was $2,000, second place received $750, and third place received $250. All contest entrants received $50 worth of free HANDy Paint Products. Lastly, the Top 10 qualifiers have the opportunity to receive an additional $5,000 prize if they are able to make their video “go viral” with 10,000 views or more on the HANDy Paint Products’ YouTube channel by the end of 2017.
“The film festival continues to be a fantastic way for us to connect with the community that uses our products and award them for their talent and creativity,” said Mark Bergman, founder and CEO of Bercom International. “After six years of sponsoring the contest, we thought we had seen everything! This year’s applicants proved us wrong again.”
The judges tasked with evaluating the Top 10 video submissions were:
- Minneapolis-based author, actor and playwright Frank Anderson;
- Cynthia Dickison of the Minneapolis Star Tribune; and
- Blogging duo Jamie and Morgan Molitor of Construction2Style.
As part of the Film Festival tradition, donations were collected at the event for a charity. This year, the Parent Project Muscular Dystrophy received more than $12,000 in funds from the event.
“We’re proud to partner with the Parent Project Muscular Dystrophy for this year’s Film Festival,” said Bergman. “More than anything, this event is a yearly opportunity for us to do our part to help those less fortunate than us, both as a community and as a company.”
To view all finalist video entries and learn more about HANDy Paint Products, please visit the company’s YouTube channel.
About HANDy Paint Products
HANDy Paint Products is a painting supplies product line developed by Bercom Incorporated. Mark Bergman founded Bercom in 2002 after realizing the need for making painting easier. With his old Folgers® coffee can-turned-paint bucket as inspiration, the HANDy Paint Pail was born. Bercom is located in Chanhassen, Minn. Its line of 15 HANDy Paint Products can be found at most home centers, paint stores and hardware stores across the country as well as in Canada, Australia and Europe. Learn more about HANDy Paint Products by visiting HandyPaintProducts.com. See demonstrations on YouTube and follow the brand on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.