Door County, WI (PRWEB) September 26, 2017
As the days get shorter and the air gets crisp, escape to Door County to experience autumn. Celebrate the season with a hike in a state park or visit an orchard to pick fresh apples. Visitors can plan their vacation today at DoorCounty.com or by calling the Door County Visitor Bureau toll free at 800-527-3529.
October Special Events
- Enjoy a fall getaway with a So Delicious, So Door County lodging package, now through October 22. Visitors can choose dozens of special culinary packages offering luxurious lodging, scrumptious food, a $25 Door County gift certificate and more!
- View creative pumpkin displays at Egg Harbor’s annual Pumpkin Patch Festival weekend, October 7-8.
- Press apples to make fresh cider at Washington Island’s Fall Fun Fest and Cider Pressing Party, October 7-8.
- Explore Door County lighthouses during the Fall Lighthouse Festival, October 7-8.
- Celebrate the 72nd year of Sister Bay Fall Fest with a parade, live entertainment, food, and crafts, October 13-15.
- Listen to haunting original music at Dark Songs at Third Avenue Playhouse, October 27-28.
- For the most comprehensive list of events, visit http://www.DoorCounty.com/events.
State and County Park Activities
Door County offers 5 state parks and 19 county parks across the 70-mile-long peninsula. Each park offers a variety of recreational opportunities and scenic beauty.
- Lace up the running shoes for Potawatomi State Park’s Run Wild 2017, October 7.
- Take in a breathtaking view at Ellison Bluff County Park.
- Hit the links while viewing beautiful fall colors at Peninsula State Park golf course.
- Get a bird’s eye view of the fall colors at the top of Potawatomi State Park’s lookout tower.
On Going Autumn Activities
- Pick fresh apples on a beautiful fall afternoon.
- Taste the fall harvest at farm markets across the peninsula.
- Cruise along Door County’s Coastal Byway for picturesque fall scenery.
- Hike on a fall morning at The Ridges Sanctuary.
- Fly with Grizzly Tours Inc. for a one of a kind aerial view of the fall colors in Door County.
- Listen to spooky stories with one of three ghost tours with Door County Trolley.
- Marvel at the fall colors along the coast on one of many available scenic boat tours.
- Bike the back roads of Door County while breathing in the crisp fall air.
Stay Connected at DoorCounty.com
Door County is a bucolic peninsula that juts out into Lake Michigan in Wisconsin’s northeast corner. Named one of the Top 10 Vacation Destinations in North America by Money magazine, Door County features 300 miles of shoreline, 11 lighthouses, 5 state parks and 19 county parks. It is known for its natural beauty, artistic offerings and year-round outdoor recreation opportunities.