This year’s Wisconsin Stars represent the very best of EMS, and we are proud to gather here in Green Bay to celebrate their contributions to the communities they serve.
Green Bay, WI (PRWEB) September 26, 2017
The Professional Ambulance Association of Wisconsin last night celebrated EMS excellence at the Wisconsin Stars of Life banquet. At this year’s event, 29 healthcare providers from across the state were honored as the 2017 Wisconsin Stars of Life.
The Wisconsin Stars of Life program celebrates the contributions of ambulance professionals who have gone above and beyond the call of duty in service to their communities and the EMS profession. Stars of Life recognizes the dedication of these heroes while shining light on the critical role EMS plays in our health care infrastructure.
PAAW President Patrick Ryan noted, “This year’s Wisconsin Stars represent the very best of EMS, and we are proud to gather here in Green Bay to celebrate their contributions to the communities they serve.”
In both a pinning ceremony and the formal medal and plaque presentation, stories of the heroism and selflessness of the Stars were shared with their employers, colleagues, and fellow attendees of the co-located Paramedic Systems of Wisconsin Conference.
To close the evening, one Wisconsin Star, David Mike, was selected to represent PAAW at the American Ambulance Association’s national Stars of Life in Washington, DC in June 2018. During his time in Washington, Mr. Mike, accompanied by executive hosts from Paratech, will meet with members of Congress and congressional aides to discuss legislative issues critical to emergency medical services.
This year’s distinguished recipients are:
- Amanda Holtz, Orange Cross Ambulance
- Angela Gonzalez, Palmyra Public Safety Department
- Benjamin Waldera, Divine Savior Healthcare EMS
- Bob Kelter, Baraboo EMS
- Bob Sternhagen (posthumous), Gold Cross Ambulance
- Brian Randall, Gold Cross Ambulance
- Chris Cuddy, Gold Cross Ambulance
- Christopher Dallas, Valders Ambulance
- Dan Morth, Ellsworth Area Ambulance
- David Krueger, Grant EMS
- David Mike, Paratech Ambulance (selected as AAA Star of Life)
- Dr. Suzanne Martens, Valders Ambulance
- Elizabeth Ferger-Olsen, Paratech Ambulance Service
- Jeri Schiffman, Tri-State Regional Ambulance
- Jon Hagen, Flight For Life
- Kenny Monteith, Tri-State Regional Ambulance
- Lori McConochie, Cambria Community Ambulance Service
- Mark Willer, Baraboo EMS
- Mary LaPorte, Riverside Fire District
- Patrick Donoghue, Bell Ambulance
- Paul Harrison, Ryan Brothers Ambulance
- Robert Whitton, Paratech Ambulance Service
- Russell Schafer, Lodi Area EMS
- Ryan Janus, Bell Ambulance
- Sandra Steenweg, Pickerel Rescue Squad
- Steve Hensley, Tri-State Ambulance
- Tami Aerts, County Rescue Services
- Tom Pasch, Ryan Brothers Ambulance
- Tyler Miller, Tri-State Ambulance
To learn more about each Star, please review the evening’s program book at http://bit.ly/17starsWIbooklet. It contains biographies for each award recipient. Congratulations to the 2017 Wisconsin Stars!
About the Professional Ambulance Association of Wisconsin
The Professional Ambulance Association of Wisconsin (PAAW) was founded in 2005 to represent the interests of ambulance services in the state of Wisconsin. In addition, PAAW works to create and promote opportunities for collaboration and networking between ambulance service executives, directors, and managers. PAAW serves as an EMS stakeholder group to promote excellence and quality in the ambulance industry in Wisconsin. http://www.paaw.us