SAN FRANCISCO, CA (PRWEB) September 27, 2017
Veteran technology-industry CEO Andy M. Miller has launched a new charity organization – the Andrew Miller Foundation (AMF) – to increase awareness and financial support for under-recognized charitable and non-profit organizations serving children and youth across the San Francisco Bay area.
To celebrate the foundation’s launch, Miller plans to award a $5,000 college scholarship for the 2018 academic year to a worthy candidate selected by Mr. Miller and selected advisors. In addition to the scholarship and Miller’s own initial funding, the foundation plans to raise additional financial support from other donors, with all funds raised going directly to selected charities or scholarships.
“Part of AMF’s mission is to recruit support from other industry leaders and encourage them to expand their corporate and personal giving beyond the usual large, well-known charities,” says Miller. “By helping them learn about and engage with other worthy local charitable organizations, we hope to create viral, expanding impact as others follow our example.”
Miller, who has served as CEO of Polycom and Tandberg, and in other senior positions for companies including Cisco, IPC Systems and Monster Worldwide, recently concluded a “Seven for Seven” personal giving campaign in which he contributed an initial amount of $25,000 to seven local nonprofit groups on seven different days. Those funds were divided between:
- The Javistrong54 Foundation, which is raising money for a former high school football player with spinal cord injuries.
- The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Greater Bay Area chapter.
- The Moment by Moment Foundation, whose professional photographers create free portraits of families with children battling life-limiting illnesses.
- The East Bay Community Foundation, which manages 500 local charitable funds and endowments.
- The Hidden Genius Project, which teaches underserved young black men programming and other technology skills.
- Teen Esteem, an education program that empowers young people to make well-informed life choices, based on respect for themselves and others.
- Roots of Peace, an international development program that removes landmines as part of rebuilding sustainable post-conflict communities.
Andy Miller has more than two decades of executive experience in industry leading technology and telecom companies. As a senior operating executive, he has excelled in focusing on strategic growth areas, leading global expansion, and driving improved profitability. As a director, he has collaborated on successful enterprise communications IPOs, including Gigamon (GIMO).
In addition to guest lecturing at UCLA, USC and Stanford, Andy has spoken at the World Economic Forum in Davos and has given keynote addresses at Microsoft’s Worldwide Mobile Congress and the Aspen Ideas Festival.
For more information about the Andrew Miller Foundation see http://andrewmillerfoundation.org/.
# # #