The leaders and staff at these educational organizations have shown remarkable commitment and courage by embracing a new way to serve students with special needs.
SAN FRANCISCO, CA (PRWEB) September 27, 2017
PresenceLearning, the leading telehealth network of live, online special education related service providers, has recognized 12 educational organizations nationwide as winners in their 4th annual Awards of Excellence. Throughout last school year, these exemplary organizations helped drive improved student outcomes through their use of online therapy services for students with special needs while displaying outstanding organizational leadership and teamwork.
The winners of the 4th annual PresenceLearning Awards of Excellence are:
- Barstow Unified School District in Barstow, CA (online speech-language therapy)
- Byng Public Schools in Byng, OK (online occupational therapy)
- Caledonia North Supervisory Union in Lyndonville, VT (online occupational therapy, online occupational therapy screenings, and online occupational therapy assessments)
- A Cooperative Educational Service Agency in Wisconsin (online speech-language therapy, online occupational therapy, and supervision of Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants)
- Fresno Unified School District in Fresno, CA (online speech-language therapy)
- Gibbon-Fairfax-Winthrop Schools in Gibbon, MN (online speech-language therapy)
- Hendry School District in LaBelle, FL (online speech-language therapy)
- Hinsdale School District in Hinsdale, NH (online speech-language therapy, online speech-language assessments, and online psychoeducational assessments)
- Moses Lake School District in Moses Lake, WA (online occupational therapy)
- Norfolk Public Schools in Norfolk, NE (online speech-language therapy)
- Rocky Mount Prep in Rocky Mount, NC (online speech-language therapy, online behavioral interventions and mental health services, and online assessments)
- Yuma Elementary School District in Yuma, AZ (online speech-language and occupational therapy)
“The leaders and staff at these educational organizations have shown remarkable commitment and courage by embracing a new way to serve students with special needs,” said Clay Whitehead, CEO and co-founder of PresenceLearning. “Their dedication enables students to make significant progress on their goals in a supportive environment and we are honored to recognize them for their leadership.”
The 12 winners were selected based on their positive student progress and engagement indicators, strong organizational leadership, informed parental support, standout primary support person/people, and collaboration with PresenceLearning’s online clinicians during the 2016-2017 school year. Each winner will receive a plaque and be featured on PresenceLearning’s website.
PresenceLearning (http://www.presencelearning.com) is the leading telehealth network of providers of clinical services and assessments to educational organizations. The PresenceLearning care network has provided over one million sessions of live, online speech-language therapy, occupational therapy, behavioral interventions and mental health services, diagnostic services and assessments, and early childhood services for children with special needs.