San Antonio, TX (PRWEB) September 27, 2017
Dr. Jeffrey Feingold, Chairman and CEO of MCNA Dental, announced today that MCNA Dental stands with Governor Greg Abbott and the citizens of the Great State of Texas during this time of relief and recovery. In response to the destruction caused by Hurricane Harvey, MCNA Dental made a $500,000 donation to the Rebuild Texas Fund.
“We are Texans and we are committed to helping our communities during this time of crisis and contributing to the long-term rebuilding efforts. We commend Governor Abbott for his guidance and leadership during this disaster, and encourage everyone to support his call to raise $100 million to help Texas on its road to recovery,” said Dr. Feingold, Chairman and CEO of MCNA.
MCNA Insurance Company is based in San Antonio with over 300 Texas employees. The company provides dental benefits to nearly 1.5 million children in the Texas Medicaid and CHIP programs, and serves over 4 million members nationwide. It has established multiple channels of giving with our existing community partners to provide immediate funds and basic necessities directly to individuals and network dentists in the most heavily impacted areas of Texas.
“In addition to our donation to the Rebuild Texas Fund, we wanted to make sure that people displaced by Hurricane Harvey had essential supplies and access to oral hygiene products such as toothbrushes, toothpaste, and dental floss,” said Dr. Feingold. “Our donations of funds and supplies through our partner organizations are helping restore hope to the thousands of people impacted by this hurricane.”
To date, MCNA’s contributions to immediate relief and rebuilding efforts include:
- $500,000 to the Rebuild Texas Fund, which is working to raise $100 million to assist with recovery.
- $50,000 and dental kits to the American Red Cross Texas Gulf Coast for distribution to storm victims.
- $25,000 to the Texas Dental Association Relief Grant to help dental providers rebuild their practices.
- $5,000 in food and supplies to the Corpus Christi Salvation Army and to the San Antonio Food Bank, which are feeding thousands of victims and relief workers.
- 15,000 dental kits to be distributed to those in need by the University of Texas at Houston School of Dentistry.
MCNA Dental’s donations have inspired our employees to personally donate money and supplies to help Texans in need, and to volunteer their time outside of work with ongoing Red Cross relief efforts. To learn how you can join MCNA Dental and support relief efforts, please visit the Rebuild Texas Fund website at http://www.rebuildtx.org, and the American Red Cross website at http://www.redcross.org.