London, Greater London, UK (PRWEB) October 14, 2017
The Asia Pacific market for drugs to treat heart diseases hardly grew from 2010 to 2016 but then growth accelerated and is expected to continue at 5% or more per annum to 2020. 5% a year is above the global average of 2.2%, which is dragged down by very slow growth in the big markets of North America and Western Europe. In fact, it makes Asia Pacific the fastest-growing market in the world for cardiovascular drugs.
The cardiovascular segment covers drugs used to treat conditions that affect the heart or blood vessels. These conditions include heart attacks and heart failure, strokes, coronary artery disease, valvular diseases, peripheral venous diseases, pericarditis, endocarditis, arteriosclerosis and lymphatic diseases. The major cardiovascular drugs include anti-hypertensive drugs such as calcium channel blockers and angiotensin II receptor antagonists, and hypolipidemic drugs such as fibric acid derivatives and bile acid binding resins.
The size and growth of a regional market such as Asia Pacific for drugs is related to many factors - size of population, and especially of the older population, and GDP per capita, but also regulatory systems and physician attitudes as well as disease incidence. New drugs tend to be more expensive, while those out of patent can see their price lowered dramatically by the advent of generics, which have seen major growth in India and China. Both the relatively slow growth of the heart drug market in Asia Pacific and its acceleration going forward can be explained by demographic and economic factors: the populations of both the two largest countries, India and China, are huge and young, so less vulnerable to heart disease, but in China have now started to age. And economic growth in the region has recently led to the growth of a large middle class with both a sedentary lifestyle to produce heart disease and the financial wherewithal to pay for drugs to treat it. Continuing high sales of tobacco may be another factor influencing this segment.
Where to Learn More
Read Cardiovascular Drugs Market Global Report 2017 from The Business Research Company for information on the following:
- Markets Covered: Anti-Hypertensive, Hypolipidemics, Anti Thrombotics, Others (Congestive Heart Failure, Anti- Arrythmic And Anti-Anginal Drugs)
- Companies Mentioned: Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, Abbott Laboratories Inc., AstraZeneca PLC, Bayer AG, and Novartis AG
- Countries: Brazil, China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Spain, Russia, UK, USA and Australia.
- Regions: Asia-Pacific, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, North America, South America, Middle East And Africa
- Time series: Five years historic and forecast.
- Data: Ratios of market size and growth to related markets, GDP, Expenditure Per Capita, The Cardiovascular Drugs Indicators Comparison.
- Data segmentations: country and regional historic and forecast data, market share of competitors, market segments.
- Sourcing and Referencing: Data and analysis throughout the report is sourced using end notes.
Interested to know more? Here is a full scope of Biologics and Pharmaceutical Drugs Market reports to explore:
1. Pharmaceutical Drugs Market Global Report 2017
2. Biologics Market Global Report 2017
3. Anti-infective Drugs Market Global Report 2017
4. Central Nervous System Drugs Market Global Report 2017
5. Dermatology Drugs Market Global Report 2017
6. Genito-urinary Drugs Market Global Report 2017
7. Hematology Drugs Market Global Report 2017
8. Metabolic Disorder Drugs Market Global Report 2017
9. Musculoskeletal Disorders Drugs Market Global Report 2017
10. Ophthalmology Drugs Market Global Report 2017
11. Gastrointestinal Drugs Market Global Report 2017
12. Respiratory Drugs Market Global Report 2017
13. Oncology Drugs Market Global Report 2017
About The Business Research Company
Visit TheBusinesResearchCompany.com. The Business Research Company is a market research and intelligence company which excels in company, market and consumer research. It has research professionals at its office in the UK, India, and the US as well a network of trained researchers globally. It has specialist consultants in a wide range of industries including manufacturing, healthcare, financial services and technology. The Business Research Company’s management have more than 20 years of varied business research experience. They have delivered hundreds of research projects to the senior management of some of the world’s largest organizations. The Business Research Company’s Consultant have master’s qualifications from top institutes and include MBAs, MSCs, CFAs and CAs. The Business Research Company’s Consultants gain training and qualifications from the market Research Society and are trained in advanced research practices, techniques, and ethics.