Altemp Alloys, Inc. is proud to announce our certification to AS9100D on September 18, 2017. Altemp has been serving the aerospace, defense and power generation industries for over 38 years.
Orange, CA (PRWEB) October 06, 2017
Altemp Alloys, Inc., a stocking distributor of exotic and high temperature alloys, announces it has been certified for AS9100D.
"Altemp Alloys, Inc. is proud to announce our certification to AS9100D on September 18, 2017. Altemp has been serving the aerospace, defense and power generation industries for over 38 years,” said Connie Mayhill, President and Owner at Altemp Alloys, Inc.
The update of AS9100 from revision C to D includes the full text of ISO 9001:2015. In addition to aligning the structure of the aerospace, defense, and power generation requirements to the new structure of AS9100 2016 Rev D and ISO 9001:2015, the following key changes were implemented:
- Product Safety was added in a new clause and in other areas
- Counterfeit Parts Prevention was added in a new clause and in other areas (this was already in place in the AS9110 and AS9120 standards)
- Risk clause was merged with the new ISO 9001 risk requirements along with an increased emphasis on risks in operational processes
- Awareness clause was added with reinforced requirements for awareness of individual contribution to product and service quality and safety along with ethical behavior
- Human Factors are included as a consideration in nonconformity management and corrective action
- Configuration Management was clarified and improved to address stakeholder needs
AS9100 Revision D was released on September 20, 2016 with a certificate transition period aligned with the ISO 9001:2015 transition.
For more information about Altemp Alloys, Inc. visit http://www.altempalloys.com or call 855-368-9615.
About Altemp Alloys, Inc.
Altemp Alloys, Inc. is a complete source for your alloy requirements. It is a woman owned small business and stocking distributor of exotic and high temperature alloys. Altemp Alloys, Inc. has proudly served the aerospace, defense, and power generation industries since 1979. Our 24,000 sq. ft. building is located in the heart of Orange County, California. This allows easy access to major freeways, airports and seaports. In addition to alloys distribution, other services include waterjet cutting, machining, heat treatment, non-destructive examination, and metallurgical support.