“Most medical spa and aesthetic practices are doing something illegally and, while there are a few bad actors, it’s mostly because people just don’t know the law,” said AmSpa Founder/Director Alex Thiersch, J.D.
Chicago, IL (PRWEB) October 04, 2017
The laws and business best-practices for how to open and run a medical spa or aesthetic practice can be hard to find and understand. AmSpa’s Medical Spa & Aesthetic Boot Camps are two-day intensive seminars teaching how to navigate the labyrinth of laws and sharing business tips from experts in the field.
“What I was hoping for was that there would be content and opportunities to help us not only have processes, but also build infrastructure, and everything was here at the Boot Camp,” said Dann Leonard, a board-certified plastic surgeon from Salem, Oregon, who attended the Los Angeles Boot Camp in April of 2017.
AmSpa is offering Medical Spa & Aesthetic Boot Camps in these cities in 2018:
- April 7–8: Los Angeles, California
- May 19–20: Denver, Colorado
- June 13 -15: AmSpa’s 5th Anniversary Boot Camp Celebration: Hawaii
- July 14–15: Dallas, Texas
- September 15–16: Boston, Massachusetts
- October 15–16: Nashville, Tennessee
- November 5–6: Orlando, Florida
Medical Spa & Aesthetic Boot Camps cover legal questions such as:
- Who can own a medical spa?
- How often does a doctor need to be on-site?
- Which provider is legally allowed to perform which treatments?
- Are commissions illegal in medical spas, and how can I legally incentivize my team?
- …and much more.
Attendees will also come away with strategies on how to build a successful business including:
- Marketing techniques to draw new patients to your practice;
- How to compensate your staff while staying profitable;
- The numbers you need to know when creating your business plan;
- Ways to increase retail sales;
- …and much more.
“Most medical spa and aesthetic practices are doing something illegally and, while there are a few bad actors, it’s mostly because people just don’t know the law,” said AmSpa Founder/Director Alex Thiersch, J.D. “Our goal at AmSpa is to educate industry professionals as to what is legally allowed so we can move the industry toward compliance.”
Visit http://www.americanmedspa.org/page/amspabootcamps to find more information and to register.
About the American Med Spa Association: The American Med Spa Association (AmSpa) provides business and legal resources to medical spas and aesthetic practices across the country. AmSpa’s events—including Medical Spa Boot Camps and The Medical Spa Show—provide business and legal best-practices to anyone entering the medical spa space or looking to improve their existing business. AmSpa members receive access to legal summaries of the laws governing medical spas in their state, access to an exclusive medical spa insurance program, and many other benefits. 312-981-0993, info(at)americanmedspa.org.