Orlanda, Florida (PRWEB) October 06, 2017
HOW TO EXPAND US ONLINE PROGRAMS TO CHINA AT GLOBAL QUALITY SUMMIT
Summit located at Disney World resort in Orlando, Florida on Nov 15th, 2017
CMS Global and the Online Learning Consortium (OLC) are proud to announce they will host the Global Quality Summit (GQS) in conjunction with the Accelerate event in Orlando Florida this November. The GQS is another critical component of CMS Global’s efforts to promote the US-Sino Online Higher Education (USOHE) Consortium. This consortium is focused on promoting scalable cross border mutual credit recognition, opening access to quality education and establishing high quality standards for global online learning.
Chinese enrollment has grown five-fold from over 62K students a decade ago, to over 320K students in 2015/2016 according to the Institute of International Education, marking a huge increase in the importance of international students for US Universities. With a dedicated focus on advancing growth of global online education, the GQS will provide opportunities to learn, discuss and share best practices in online and digital learning. Additionally, US Universities and educational leaders will learn more about elevating their brand overseas and growing enrollment with international students. The GQS will include high level representatives from Greater China top 100 schools including, Shanghai Jiao Tong University (China), National Chiao Tung University (Taiwan), Hong Kong Polytechnic University (Hong Kong), and Shenzhen University (China). You will also hear from President of the Australasian Society for Computers in Learning in Tertiary Education (ASCILITE).
In this interactive and informative summit, CMS Global and OLC will kick off with a panel of speakers discussing legal and operational challenges facing US educators as they seek to expand access to Chinese learners via online modality. Attendees will have the opportunity to collaborate with proven higher education professionals from China, Hong Kong and Taiwan and to identify avenues to expand into greater China through online and digital learning.
Presenters to include innovative leaders in global online learning such as:
- Mr. Yao Kai, the Vice Secretary General of China UOOC, a 110 universities alliance founded by Shenzhen University. UOOC Online is certified by the MOE as one of the 4 largest online education platforms and serves as the online learning platform for more than 300 universities and supports cumulatively over 1 million students.
- Prof. Wei-I Lee, the first advocator of OpenCourseWare (OCW) movement in Taiwan. In 2006 and under his management in 2013, National Chiao Tung University launched the first Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) platform “ewant” in Taiwan. As of August 2017, the “ewant” platform has collaborated with more than 86 universities and offered more than 500 online courses.
- Dr. Hanqin Qiu, a professor from Hong Kong Polytechnic University. Professor Hanqin Qui has published more than 80 referenced journal articles in leading hospitality and tourism journals and is the Chairwoman of the learning and teaching committee at the School of Hotel and Tourism Management in which she is leading the development of HKPolyUx MicroMasters Credential in International Hospitality Management.
- Mr. Charlie Nguyen, CEO & Founder of CMS Global. With proven experience in accelerating adoption of online learning and facilitation of numerous strategic partnerships between US and Greater China institutions, Charlie will highlight some of the potential challenges and how to overcome them.
- Dr. Sun Wei, Founder and CEO of HTC’s VIVEDU which has launched the world’s very first VR education solution - allowing 30 students to simultaneously use VIVE for VR learning in an innovative classroom setting. Dr. Sun is also the founder / Professor / former Dean of the School of Software at Beihang University, China's “Caltech" that recruits the top 0.1% of students from the National College Entrance Examination.
CMS Global and OLC invite global Universities and Academic leaders to attend the summit to network, learn and take actionable steps towards advancing efforts overseas. At the summit, attendees will learn about the opportunity to join the USOHE in order to work towards joint objectives tied to global online learning. Attendees will also learn about the necessities tied to online curriculum with global growth and will be able to socialize with leaders from the Global top 100. The summit will be held in Orlando Florida at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort on November 15th. Contact Charlie Nguyen at Charlie.email@example.com or visit https://onlinelearningconsortium.org/attend-2017/accelerate/. or http://www.cmsglobal.us to attend.
About CMS Global
CMS Global Inc. educates and connects the world as a trusted global hub for higher education. With decades of experience pioneering online learning, CMS Global is uniquely positioned to help academic leaders around the world capture opportunities through customized solutions both domestically and internationally. Our expertise in online international higher education expands affordable access to US institutions for Chinese and Vietnamese learners in a scalable manner. To learn more, please visit http://www.cmsglobal.us
About OLC and Accelerate
The Online Learning Consortium is the leading professional organization devoted to advancing quality online learning by providing professional development instruction, best practice publications and guidance to educators, online learning professionals and organizations around the world. OLC Accelerate 2017 is all about accelerating online learning worldwide, it is the premier global gathering covering the fastest growing sector in education today - online learning. This 2017 conference will be the ultimate event to network with and learn from - thousands of your e-Learning peers. Learn more at here or at https://onlinelearningconsortium.org/attend-2017/accelerate/.
Contact: Charlie Nguyen