Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) October 05, 2017
Amazon Prime Video has secured domestic SVOD rights to The Recall, the sci-fi thriller from Minds Eye Entertainment starring Wesley Snipes. The Recall is now available in the US on Amazon Prime Video. The Recall is also available for rent on Redbox, America's leading destination for affordable, new release movie and video game rentals. Redbox has more than 43,000 kiosks nationwide, with more new kiosk installations planned in 2018.
“We are thrilled with the distribution deals we have secured with Amazon and Redbox,” said Kevin DeWalt, CEO and Producer at Minds Eye Entertainment. “While our theatrical distribution was geared toward VR enthusiasts and early technology adopters, our deals with both partners will now allow us to deliver this unique film to the masses.”
Both deals were brokered by Freestyle Releasing.
Directed by Mauro Borelli, The Recall stars Wesley Snipes and Breaking Bad’s R.J. Mitte and centers on a group of friends vacationing at a remote cabin lake house. When aliens attack Earth, the friends are forced to rely on an eccentric and mysterious hunter (Wesley Snipes) with special knowledge of the attack.
The Recall premiered in June 2017 with a 2 week exclusive in Barco Escape’s panoramic, multi-screen theaters across North America. The film broke new ground for immersive cinema experiences as the first movie shot natively for Barco Escape to release in theaters. Portions of the film were also shot in Virtual Reality to create Abduction, a 12-minute Virtual Reality short featuring Snipes that brings audiences into an alien invasion through the eyes of co-star R.J. Mitte’s character. Following the VR release and a two-week exclusive theatrical window in Barco Escape, The Recall opened in select 2D theaters.
Minds Eye Entertainment produced The Recall in association with Bridgegate Pictures Corp, VMI Worldwide and Invico Capital Corporation. Freestyle Releasing is handling North American distribution and VMI Worldwide is distributing internationally. For more information about The Recall please visit http://therecallmovie.com/
Feature film production on The Recall was shot in multiple formats including Barco Escape and made possible through the Creative Saskatchewan Screen-Based Media Production Grant Program, with the participation of the Province of British Columbia Production Services Tax Credit and Canadian Film or Video Production Tax Credit.
Type: EST and Streaming (Amazon), DVD (Redbox)
Running Time: 90 mins
Genre: Sci Fi & Fantasy, Action
Aspect Ratio: 2.39:1
Bonus Content Includes 5 special cast and crew interviews:
- Shooting in Barco Escape: Interviews with Wesley Snipes, R.J. Mitte and filmmakers about Barco Escape technology
- The Set and Locations of The Recall: Highlights the striking beauty of British Columbia with Production Designer Kathy McCoy, Producer Kevin Dewalt and star R.J. Mitte
- The Recall Story: Industry Illustrator and Director Mauro Borrelli’s vision for the science fiction story and how it came to life
- Make-Up FX: A behind-the-scenes look at Director Mauro Borrelli’s vision and illustrations and Makeup FX Supervisor Emersen Ziffle’s stunning execution
- Virtual Reality (VR): The building blocks and process of telling stories in a first person active experience, rather than a passive 2D format
About Minds Eye Entertainment:
Established in 1986, Minds Eye Entertainment is one of Canada’s most prolific independent production and distribution companies, internationally recognized for its commitment to distinctive film and television product and expertise in navigating international co-production and financing. Recent credits include: THE TALL MAN (Jessica Biel), FACES IN THE CROWD (Milla Jovovich), LULLABY FOR PI (Rupert Friend, Clemence Poesy, Forest Whitaker) and FORSAKEN (Kiefer Sutherland, Donald Sutherland, Brian Cox and Demi Moore). For more information about Minds Eye Entertainment, please visit http://www.mindseyepictures.com
About VMI Worldwide:
VMI Worldwide is an international sales, film finance and production company based in Los Angeles, California. Founded in 2010 by Andre Relis, Some of VMI Worldwide’s past titles include HELLION starring Aaron Paul and Juliette Lewis, WICKED BLOOD, starring Abigail Breslin and Sean Bean, GALLOWWALKERS with Wesley Snipes, and WHY STOP NOW starring Jesse Eisenberg, Melissa Leo and Tracy Morgan. VMI Worldwide has cultivated an extensive network of long-term, direct relationships with the top networks, distributors and releasing companies around the globe. In the past 3 years, VMI has moved heavily into in- house production on titles including WAR PIGS starring Dolph Lundgren and THE PERFECT WEAPON starring Steven Seagal. For more information about VMI Worldwide, please visit http://www.vmiworldwide.com/
About Bridgegate Pictures Corp:
Bridgegate Pictures Corp operates as an integrated film company out of Corona, California. The company engages in the development, financing and production of media products including feature films for worldwide distribution in the theatrical, broadcast and digital markets. Bridgegate specializes in commercial driven independent films that are star driven and have worldwide appeal. For more information about Bridgegate Pictures Corp, please visit http://bridgegatepictures.com/
About Invico Capital Corporation:
Founded in 2005, Invico Capital Corporation is a Calgary, Alberta based independent alternative investment fund management firm with approximately $200 million of private capital under management. Invico provides alternative capital solutions, including both equity and debt to assist high quality companies and management teams in making strategic acquisitions, financing capital expenditures and/or growth programs and supporting working capital requirements.
About Freestyle Releasing/Freestyle Digital Media:
Freestyle Releasing is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Byron Allen’s Entertainment Studios. A full- service, theatrical motion picture distribution company, Freestyle Releasing specializes in representing independent companies, major studios, and mini-major studios for the purpose of exhibiting their films as first-class theatrical releases. The co-founder and principal of Freestyle Releasing, Mark Borde, is a highly-regarded and experienced motion picture veteran with decades of respected work in the industry. The digital distribution unit of Freestyle, Freestyle Digital Media, supplies quality commercial film and TV content directly to all US VOD/SVOD rental DVD/Kiosks and theaters using the latest cloud-based technologies to automate digital workflow. Freestyle Digital Media provides our content audience a positive digital viewing experience on every device everywhere. For more information, visit: http://www.freestylereleasing.com, http://www.freestyledigitalmedia.tv
With more than 5 billion rentals to date, Redbox is America's leading destination for affordable new-release movie and video game rentals. Redbox offers DVD, Blu-ray Disc® and video-game rentals through the nation's largest network of more than 40,000 conveniently located, self-service entertainment kiosks. For more information, visit http://www.redbox.com.
About Amazon Video:
Amazon Video is a premium on-demand entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choice in what to watch, and how to watch it. Amazon Video is the only service that provides all of the following:
- Prime Video: Thousands of movies and TV shows, including popular licensed content plus critically-acclaimed and award-winning Amazon Original Series and Movies from Amazon Studios like Transparent, The Man in the High Castle, Love & Friendship and kids series Tumble Leaf, available for unlimited streaming as part of an Amazon Prime membership. Prime Video is also now available to customers in more than 200 countries and territories around the globe at http://www.primevideo.com.
- Amazon Channels: Over 100 channel subscriptions that Prime members can add to their membership, including HBO, SHOWTIME, STARZ, Cinemax, PBS KIDS, Acorn TV and more, plus Anime Strike – the first curated on-demand subscription by Amazon Channels. To view the full list of channels available, visit http://www.amazon.com/channels
- Rent or Own: Hundreds of thousands of titles, including new-release movies and current TV shows available for on-demand rental or purchase for all Amazon customers
- Instant Access: Instantly watch anytime, anywhere through the Amazon Video app on TVs, mobile devices, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, and Fire tablets, or online. For a list of all compatible devices visit http://www.amazon.com/howtostream
- Premium Features: Top features like 4K Ultra HD, High Dynamic Range (HDR) and mobile downloads for offline viewing of select content
In addition to Prime Video, the Prime membership includes unlimited fast free shipping options across all categories available on Amazon, more than two million songs and thousands of playlists and stations with Prime Music, secure photo storage with Prime Photos, unlimited reading with Prime Reading, unlimited access to a digital audiobook catalogue with Audible Channels for Prime, a rotating selection of free digital games and in-game loot with Twitch Prime, early access to select Lightning Deals, exclusive access and discounts to select items, and more. To sign-up for Prime or to find out more visit: http://www.amazon.com/prime.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit http://www.amazon.com/about and follow @AmazonNews.