This is such an exciting time for the Distillery. Shifting Mike into the distilling leadership role helps the whole team to move forward and excel in their respective roles, as well as sharpen up and dial in our processes to lead our brand to the next chapter.
Salt Lake City, Utah (PRWEB) October 09, 2017
Utah grain-to-glass craft spirits pioneer, Dented Brick Distillery, welcomes Michael Patrick McSorley as Head Distiller, previously Head Distiller at Batch 206 in Seattle, Washington. Prior to Batch 206, McSorley was at Soft Tail Spirits in Woodinville, WA. McSorley got his start in the beverage business as a bartender and beverage program consultant. However, his attention to detail, superb palate, and extensive experience in bartending quickly distinguished him and soon he was distilling.
McSorley has won several awards in bartending and in distilling; he has competed in international bartending competitions and boasts a Double Gold Medal from the San Francisco World Spirits Competition for Soft Tail Spirits Vodka. His creativity and expertise has been called upon by beverage industry leaders in the US, China, and India.
After an encounter with Dented Brick CEO/Founder Marc Christensen via a LinkedIn job posting, Christensen knew he too wanted to pull McSorley into his corner. “He not only has an exceptional palate for distillation and the passion to present consumers with the highest quality spirits made, he is incredibly creative, innovative and forward-thinking – he’s been looking for ways to experiment with new ingredients and techniques and expand our offerings.” Christensen added, “This is such an exciting time for the Distillery. Shifting Mike into the distilling leadership role helps the whole team to move forward and excel in their respective roles, as well as sharpen up and dial in our processes to lead our brand to the next chapter.”
Dented Brick’s team is comprised by Scott Millet (Assistant Distiller), Karina Soriano (Marketing/Brand), and Channalyn Tek (Sales/Retail).
Since opening in March 2016, Dented Brick Distillery has been busy crafting spirits and gaining the attention and favor of tasters and sippers.
A few highlights:
- Tours & Tastings: Dented Brick Distillery, a licensed liquor store and packaging agency, also offers daily tours and tastings for public and private parties.
- Special edition, limited releases: The palate of the West inspired the Dented Brick team to launch an ongoing series of tasting room-only, limited releases and experimental batches available only onsite, including a dark rum, white whiskey (to-be-aged), and signature liqueurs.
- Honors & Awards: Dented Brick has been awarded 19 medals and honors at international spirit & cocktail competitions, most recently ranked in USA Today's 10Best Craft Vodka Distilleries.
- Brick Club: Members of Brick Club, Dented Brick’s Loyalty Program, will now have access to exclusive merchandise, events, and early and limited release tastings.
- What's Next: As the creative force behind the still, McSorley already has a number of projects underway, including the introduction of well and super premium labels. McSorley remarks, “As a distillery we are moving past our introduction stage, we are out in the market and have made headway into other states. Our focus is now shifting to building our brand and getting recognized nationally as a producer of high quality, innovative, and handcrafted spirits. We will be adding more products that include well and super premium labels that let us connect with a wider audience and give us more insight into how to best meet their expectations and that of our brand. As far as new products go, we are planning an oak-aged dark rum that has been maturing in our wine barrels; a new gin brand is underway—it’ll feature our core tea botanical; a white whiskey, in the short term with an aged whiskey in the horizon. I'm really excited to get the stills fired up!"
About Dented Brick Distillery
Dented Brick Distillery is owned and operated by Salt Lake City Distillery, LLC with majority Utah private investors.
Dented Brick Distillery is a spirits producer which handcrafts artisan Vodka, Gin, Rum, Dark Rum, and White Whiskey, onsite using the grain-to-glass method, allowing the Distillery to create a premium product unique to the Wild West. Salt Lake City’s first destination distillery, Dented Brick brings the art of grain-to-glass liquor—100% fermented, distilled, infused, and bottled from high quality botanicals, grains, yeast, and molasses – to the people of the Wasatch Front. The 17,000 square foot distillery is built to house the custom-built 500 gallon Vendome copper batch still, 28 foot tall stripping still with vodka arm and gin basket, and is capable of running 24/7 with a startup capacity of 12,000 to 15,000 cases per year. The still room, retail store, and barrel aging room will line the east-facing front of the distillery, giving a curbside view of the size and scope of distillery operations.