A few employers, who hire many customer service employees, said they pay upwards of $40,000 to $55,000 annually for these positions.
San Antonio, TX (PRWEB) October 08, 2017
It's estimated that $62 billion is lost by U.S. businesses each year following bad customer experiences. This compared to $41 billion in 2013, according to new research from New Voice Media.
To help businesses stop the flow of lost revenue, Northwest Vista College in San Antonio saw the need for a program to give employees the right skills to address customer service issues. Students now have the opportunity to receive an Associate of Applied Science in Customer Service/Sales Operations. In fact, job opportunities for customer service representatives are forecasted to grow at a rate of 24 percent in San Antonio over 10 years from 2012-2022.
New Voice Media said top reasons people switch companies are:
- Customers feeling unappreciated and unhelpful/rude staff.
- After a negative experience, 91 percent of respondents said they would take action;
- And 42 percent said they would leave an online review, which is up 8 percent from 2013.
The average customer service salary in the San Antonio market is $14.25 per hour, according to the Texas Workforce Commission. Also an informal business survey in 2015 of several major corporations revealed that they may be hiring several hundreds of new customer service employees in the next few years. A few employers, who hire many customer service employees, said they pay upwards of $40,000 to $55,000 annually for these positions.
In addition to the associate degree, the program will offer a:
- Level 1 Certificate - Customer Service/Sales Operations,
- Marketable Skills Achievement Award – Customer Service Specialist,
- Continuing Education Institutional Award – Customer Service Specialist, and
- Continuing Education Institutional Award – Customer Services/Sales Operations.
Northwest Vista College, which is a part of the Alamo Colleges District, is the third largest college in San Antonio, with an enrollment exceeding 17,000. To learn more about this program, visit http://alamo.edu/nvc/academics/departments/customer-service/