“This data uncovers the path to help marketers overcome their frustration by leveraging omnichannel, marketing automation and B2C CRM solutions that can put them ahead this holiday season,” said Mark Gally, CEO of Zaius.
Boston, MA (PRWEB) October 10, 2017
Zaius, the leading B2C CRM that delivers real-time, cross-channel marketing automation and attribution built on a single customer view, today announced the release of its 2017 Holiday Marketing Report, highlighting what’s on hundreds of retail marketers’ minds as the holiday season approaches. The study helps ecommerce and retail companies understand which marketing priorities and distribution strategies to focus on during one of the busiest, and potentially most lucrative, times of the year. The survey pulled insights from CMOs, CEOs, founders and marketing executives from businesses across the U.S.
The report findings uncover a variety of trends, including the following:
- Omnichannel: Omnichannel is a place for improvement. Forty percent of respondents don’t have any strategy in place, 46 percent are in the process of developing one, and only 14 percent say they execute omnichannel marketing well.
- Customization: The top areas of focus for marketers are segmentation (33 percent), personalization (31 percent) and optimization (20 percent), showing they are most concerned with delivering engaging and relevant content to their audiences.
- Traditional marketing: Browser and mobile push strategies are a missed opportunity for marketers, with only 2 percent taking advantage of these channels. The majority of marketers are prioritizing investment in traditional marketing strategies, including email campaigns (43 percent), social media campaigns (22 percent), and search/ad retargeting (27 percent), showing that marketers need to be educated on how to better engage with consumers across all channels and devices.
These findings confirm the need for a better understanding of why and how customers shop, and for the ability to engage those shoppers in a more individualized way. As Forrester Research found, consumers are increasingly empowered, with 42 percent of U.S. online adults researching products via online customer reviews weekly, if not daily. In the always-on age of commerce, retail marketers must deliver engaging messages in a seamless experience, at the right time, to persuade empowered customers to buy.
“In these survey results, we hear marketers’ frustration, ambition and dedication to their brands at a critical time of year. They know they need personalized and relevant content to convert potential buyers into customers, especially during busy seasons when consumers are overwhelmed with messages from brands,” said Mark Gally, CEO of Zaius. “This data uncovers the path to help marketers overcome their frustration by leveraging omnichannel, marketing automation and B2C CRM solutions that can put them ahead this holiday season.”
Nearly half of survey respondents came from companies with fewer than 50 employees and more than one-third work at companies with more than $15 million in sales last year. With small teams and big sales goals, it’s clear marketers at companies from the enterprise to the SMB feel the need to implement successful omnichannel marketing and personalization strategies. In fact, 94 percent of respondents report that implementing a B2C CRM platform made this possible by delivering the right products and services to customers, resulting in higher engagement and increased sales. To review the full Zaius Holiday Marketing Report, download it at http://success.zaius.com/wp-holiday-report-2017.
- To attend a webinar on the 2017 Holiday Marketing Report findings, register at http://success.zaius.com/webinar-2017-holiday-report
- Blog: https://blog.zaius.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/getzaius/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/getzaius/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/5235297/
Zaius B2C CRM delivers real-time, cross-channel marketing automation and attribution built on a single customer view. The platform empowers B2C marketers to create more beautiful, timely and effective campaigns, and better understand why and how their customers shop, leading to increased repeat purchases and higher customer lifetime value.