New York, NY (PRWEB) October 18, 2017
On Rushion McDonald’s Money Making Conversations on iHeartRadio Podcast, Dr. Yolanda Ragland, Founder of Fix Your Feet, revealed her unique take on the recent Nielsen report that went viral, “African American Women: Our Science, Her Magic.” Watch the full show here.
“I am part of a group that was underserved, and was an afterthought to marketers,” said Dr. Ragland. “My frustration fueled me to serve African-American women - I know what it’s like to walk in their shoes. The heels of strong, African-American women are what carry us. I wanted to empower women with a strong foundation, so I became a podiatrist.”
The recent Nielsen report cited:
- Self-made and self-reliant, the number of businesses majority-owned by Black women grew 67% between 2007 and 2012, more than all women combined
- 64% of Black women agree their goal is to make it to the top of their profession
- 58% of Black women agree that they do not mind giving up their personal time for work
- 14% of Black women have annual incomes of $50,000 or higher (up from 9% in 2005)
“Rushion, I was an early adopter of my own market! ” said Dr. Ragland. “I learned that the key to create a business differentiator, is to focus on your dream demographic, and everything else will follow. I now have established my core market and am also building other markets… My inquiries have expanded from women to men, and from the northeast corridor to all of America and as far as Dubai.”
Dr. Ragland is available for follow-up interviews. Related topics include:
- The Key to Growing a Small Business as an African-American Woman
- How African-American Women May Prevent or Treat Foot Problems
- Why Bunions & Hammertoes are a Bone, not Skin, Problem
- Benefits of Being Active in Movements Like "Black Girls Run"
- How Dr. Ragland Invented the “Tiara Toe Technique,” Key for Beautiful Feet
Dr. Yolanda Ragland wanted to empower women with a strong foundation, so she became a podiatrist. As a Doctor of Podiatric Medicine, Dr. Ragland is a Podiatric Reconstruction Forefoot Surgeon, often called the “Queen of Toes.” As CEO & Founder of Fix Your Feet, Inc., with 15 years of medical experience, she maintains offices on Park Avenue in New York City and in Washington Metro area, in Downtown Silver Spring, Maryland. The focus of her practice is bunion and hammertoe correction.
- First, and only, female podiatrist with practices dedicated solely corn, bunion, and hammertoe corrections
- Best forefoot reconstructive surgeon in the Northeast
- Coined the term "Inter-Digital" approach for hammertoe procedure
- Surgical Certificate of training from Academic Affiliate of Weill Medical College, Cornell University
- Graduate of NY College of Podiatric Medicine; Graduated of University of Maryland, College Park
- Five year Dermatology Fellow at the National Institutes of Health
- Member of the American Society of Foot and Ankle Dermatology; the Physician Attending
- Association, Lenox Hill Hospital; and the Manhattan Central Medical Society
- Attending Surgeon, Department of Orthopedics at Lenox Hill Hospital & Midtown Surgery Center
MONEY MAKING CONVERSATIONS
Emmy Award Winning Rushion McDonald hosts and produces “Money Making Conversations," airing every Monday from 12PM-2PM EST. The radio talk show features interviews with CEOs, Celebrities, Business Entrepreneurs and Industry Decision Makers. Providing free information about building your life, marketing your career, reaching your goals, and the Secrets to SUCCESS! Tune in on KLVL, 1480 AM out of Houston, TX, Facebook live video on @MoneyMakingConversations Fan page, and iHeartMedia Podcast.