Mount Airy, MD (PRWEB) November 30, 2017
Want to know more about homeschooling? Suellen Barnes never considered the benefits until she had children of her own. Now she shares the secrets of homeschooling with you in her new book "Curious about Homeschooling? Answers to my Forty Favorite FAQs!"
Whenever Suellen Barnes tells acquaintances that she homeschools her children, she’s inundated with questions. In some instances, parents are considering the option themselves. In others, people are simply curious about how homeschooling works. Barnes has written this new guide with both groups in mind. Her work answers forty common questions about homeschooling and shows you why it may be a good option for your family.
Barnes discusses many aspects of her schooling choices:
- How she decided to initially homeschool her children instead of placing them in public or private school
- Modern societal issues as seen through the lens of homeschooling
- The goals of homeschooling
- How to encourage children’s curiosity and initiative
- How to properly socialize homeschooled children
- Overcoming stereotypes and misconceptions about homeschooling
- How to ensure children do not become “peer dependent”
- Managing the expenses of homeschooling
Barnes’s insight into education doesn’t just stem from her years homeschooling/nontraditional private schooling her own children—she has experience working in both public and private school systems. Barnes has seen firsthand the best ways to encourage learning and curiosity, and her effective methods shine through in her curriculum. Get ready to learn all about it!
Suellen Barnes grew up in Georgia, Rhode Island, and Hawaii. She received her bachelor’s degree at Georgetown University and, before becoming a homeschool teacher and writer, she had a number of interesting careers. She served as an officer in the US Army and as a special agent in the U.S. Secret Service.
Barnes has been married for twenty-two years and currently lives in Mount Airy, Maryland.