WATCH HILL, R.I. (PRWEB) November 03, 2017
The most magical time of the year will be even more special at the award winning Ocean House in Watch Hill, Rhode Island and its sister hotel, the Weekapaug Inn in nearby Weekapaug, Rhode Island.
The leading Relais & Châteaux resorts are announcing their Season by the Sea holiday series with more than 25 special events and activities, ranging from evening visits from Santa Claus and a Christmas Tea with live penguins for families, to a traditional Feast of the Fishes culinary workshop and a James Bond-themed New Year’s Eve black tie celebration for adults.
The 2017 Holiday celebration also includes the Ocean House’s acclaimed “12 Days of Christmas.” Starting December 12, the Ocean House welcomes travelers and residents to experience daily and magical events and offers to add cheer to the holiday. A detailed listing of events can be found at http://www.OceanHouseEvents.com.
New This Year
- Santa Checks into the Ocean House: December 9, 16, and 23
Guests will have the opportunity to visit Santa in his own Ocean House guestroom with magical touches. Children will enjoy a one-on-one meeting, have the opportunity to take photos and receive a gift from Santa himself. $40 per visit.
- Bedtime Story with Santa: December 9, 16, and 23
Who else better to wish you a good night than Santa himself. Ocean House guests can enjoy a personal visit from Santa in their guestroom. Santa will read a good night story and present a special gift. Reservations are available from 8:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. $75 per visit.
- Christmas Tea with Mystic Aquarium Penguins: December 10, 3:00 – 5:00 p.m.
Enjoy a special tea for children and adults at the Ocean House with an up close and person visit with the Mystic Aquarium Penguins. Guests will learn all about these fascinating feathered friends all while celebrating the holiday season. $60 adults / $40 children 4-12, complimentary for children 3 and under.
- Feast of the Fishes Workshop: December 20, 3:30 – 5:30 p.m.
Learn how to make a traditional Feast of Fishes meal that can be shared with your family and friends at home. Led by the Weekapaug Inn’s Executive Chef in the Center for Wine & Culinary Arts, this interactive experience is perfect for guests of all culinary backgrounds from novice to advanced. $75 per person.
- Limited Edition Snow Bellman and Golden Ticket: As a special holiday offering from the Ocean House Management Collection, guests can purchase the limited-edition, “Kevin the Snow-Bellman” plush toy and have an opportunity to win a memorable experience and weekend getaway. Named after the longest tenured bellman at the Ocean House, the limited edition stuffed toy is available for purchase for only $65 plus postage at the Ocean House resort or online at https://www.oceanhouseri.com/product/snow-bellman. Proceeds will go to the Ocean House Fund, benefitting children and families in need.
Family Holiday Traditions at the Ocean House
- Annual Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony & Community Open House: November 25 at 5:00 p.m.
The Tree Lighting Ceremony is a complimentary event, open to the public, and has become a popular tradition on the Rhode Island coast to welcome the holiday season. Children will help light the outdoor Christmas tree and Santa Claus will make his big arrival on a fire truck. Seasonal snacks and beverages will be available, local purveyors will be on hand to sell holiday items and guests are asked to bring a wrapped toy for the Ocean House’s toy drive.
- Christmas Dinner with Santa: November 25 at 6:00 p.m.
The tradition of the Tree Lighting Ceremony concludes with the invitation for families to gather in the Seaside Ballroom and the Drawing Room for a buffet dinner with Santa. $48 adults / $35 children plus tax and gratuity.
- Brunch with Santa: December 3, 10 and 17, 8:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Santa will visit with families during this popular Sunday Brunch. This event in the Bistro at Ocean House includes a live jazz band in the lobby, unlimited sparkling wine, mimosas and bellinis, juice, coffee, brunch buffet and a la carte selections. $62 adults / $25 children 6-12, plus tax and gratuity. Complimentary for children 5 and under.
- Children’s Christmas Party: December 16, 10:00 – 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 – 2:00 p.m.
Santa and sweets – holiday dreams do come true! This party features a Christmas book reading and light holiday refreshments for children including chocolate whoopie pies, peppermint Rice Krispie treats, and s’mores tarts. Little ones can visit and take photos with Santa and enjoy holiday craft activities. Guests are asked to bring one unwrapped gift per child, to be donated to children in need. $15 per adult plus tax and gratuity. Complimentary for children 12 and under.
- Children’s Christmas Tea featuring Frozen: December 17, 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Enjoy afternoon tea in the Ocean House’s Seaside Ballroom, featuring Ana and Elsa from Frozen. Guests are invited to dress up like their favorite Frozen character. $48 adults / $35 children 4-12, plus tax and gratuity. Complimentary for children 3 and under.
- Cookie & Cupcake Decorating Workshop: December 19, 3:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Let a little sugar bring loved ones together at this fun afternoon workshop. The Ocean House’s Pastry Chef will help workshop participants choose from colorful icings, sprinkles, and other seasonal sweets. Guests will leave with an Ocean House pastry box and their creations of the day. $25 per person plus tax and gratuity.
- Christmas in Song at the Watch Hill Chapel: December 22 at 5:00 p.m.
Join the Ocean House for a magical and complimentary night of traditional holiday song, bell ringers and readings. Warm winter clothing is suggested, and the Ocean House will provide complimentary hot chocolate and cider. Complimentary.
Special Holiday Culinary & Cocktail Events at The Ocean House
- Culinary Class: Thanksgiving Dinner for Dummies, November 18, 1:00 – 3:00 p.m.
Overwhelmed on turkey day? The Ocean House Food Forager and the Center for Wine & Culinary Arts will help you navigate your way through an elegant meal that can be prepared with some simple techniques. During the class, explore working with turkey to create a Thanksgiving meal that will allow you to relax and enjoy, and that your guests will never forget. $75 per person plus tax.
- Gingerbread Village Competition & Reception: December 12, 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m
Students from local high schools will compete to create a gingerbread village in Seaside Ballroom encompassing the theme, “Christmas in RI.” The Ocean House chefs will select the best projects and award the winners. The reception will include light appetizers and beverages. The winning school will be awarded with a cash prize. Complimentary
- Gingerbread House Workshop: December 13, 3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Guests will learn how to make a whimsical and delicious gingerbread house with the Ocean House’s talented Pastry Team...a perfect holiday centerpiece! All materials to create the gingerbread house will be provided, as well as coffee, tea, hot chocolate and hot apple cider. $50 per person plus tax and gratuity.
- Cocktail & Hors d’Oeuvres Class: December 14, 3:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
The Ocean House culinary team at the will demonstrate several festive hors d’oeuvres items, while creating holiday cocktails for guests to recreate at home. All guests will leave with recipes to commemorate the class and save for their own holiday entertaining. $30 per person plus tax and gratuity.
- Carols & Fireside Cocktails: December 15, 6:00 – 9:00 p.m.
Guests are invited to join a night of traditional Holiday Carols, perfectly paired with cocktails by the fire in the Ocean House’s Living Room. Free entertainment (cocktails for purchase).
- Stocking Stuffers – Spa Style: December 18, 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Make a creative stocking stuffer with the help of the fabulous OH! Spa team in the resort’s Drawing Room. $25 per person plus tax and gratuity.
- Holiday Beverage Workshop: December 21, 3:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Learn how to make traditional, delicious holiday beverages such as Egg Nog, Rum Punch and Mulled Cider with a member of the Ocean House’s Beverage Team in the Center for Wine & Culinary Arts. $25 per person plus tax and gratuity.
- Christmas Day Brunch at the Bistro: December 25, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
The Bistro will serve its award winning brunch with holiday favorites for Christmas Day, including unlimited sparkling wine, juice, coffee, and more. $62 adults / $25 children 6-12, Free for children 5 and under plus tax and gratuity.
- “James Bond” themed New Years Eve Party: December 31, 7:30 p.m. – 1:00 a.m.
Ring in the New Year at this resort-wide event featuring live entertainment, food stations throughout the hotel, passed hors d’oeuvres and complimentary cocktails. A Champagne toast and party favors will be served at midnight. Attire is black tie optional. $185 per person inclusive of tax and gratuity; 21 or older to attend
At The Weekapaug Inn
- Brunch with Santa in The Restaurant: December 3, 10 and 17, 8:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Santa will visit with families at this holiday brunch, and will be available for photos to capture the moment. $54 for adults / $34 for children 4-12, plus tax and gratuity. Children 3 years and under are complimentary.
- Holiday Centerpiece Workshop: December 16, 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Create a beautiful centerpiece to adorn the holiday table in this two-hour craft workshop in the Sea Room. All materials will be provided and participants will leave with their creation, a perfect addition as they “deck the halls” this season. $65 per person
- Feast of the Fishes Christmas Eve Family Style Dinner: December 24, 5:00 – 8:00 p.m. The Restaurant at the Weekapaug Inn will offer a traditional holiday meal, served Family Style, including seafood antipasti, lobster fricassee, and olive oil poached halibut. $68 adults / $34 children 4-12, children 3 years and under are free. Optional wine pairings are available for $50 per person plus tax and gratuity.
- Christmas Day Family Style Dinner: December 25, 4:30 – 8:00 p.m.
A traditional holiday meal will be served Family Style in The Restaurant, featuring entrees including roast local lamb loin, duck casoulet, and beef rib roast, and miniature holiday desserts including peppermint chocolate cake, gingerbread-linzer cookies, and more. $75 adults / $35 children 4-12, children 3 years and under are free. Optional wine pairings are available for $50 per person plus tax and gratuity.
- Weekapaug Inn New Year’s Eve Dinner & Celebration: December 31, 6:30 p.m.
The Restaurant will offer an elegant five course “Good Fortune” tasting menu, followed by music and dancing in the Sea Room. The evening includes a Champagne toast at midnight and dessert displays in the Sea Room after dinner. $125 per person, optional wine pairings available for additional $50 plus tax and gratuity..
For a complete list of holiday events, information and ways to reserve, please visit http://www.oceanhouseevents.com or call 401-584-7000.
About Ocean House
The Ocean House, one of New England’s last grand hotels, re-opened its doors in June 2010 after a $140 million rebuild and restoration. The 149-year-old property, originally built just after the Civil War, is perched high on the bluffs in Watch Hill, Rhode Island. Guests enjoy views of the Atlantic Ocean, Montauk and Block Island from the resort’s 49 guestrooms and 18 signature suites. Farm-to-table casual and fine dining, the 12,000-square-foot OH! Spa and more than 10,000 square feet of event space make the Ocean House ideal for mid-week business retreats, close-to-home family vacations, weekend luxury escapes and destination weddings. Ocean House is a member of Relais & Châteaux, an exclusive collection of more than 500 of the finest hotels and gourmet restaurants in 60 countries that has set the standard for excellence in hospitality. This stately property is the only AAA Five-Diamond and Forbes Triple Five-Star rated resort in Rhode Island. For more information, please visit http://www.oceanhouseri.com or call 401-584-7000.
About Weekapaug Inn
Weekapaug Inn, one of New England’s last great family resorts, re-opened its doors in October 2012. Originally built in 1899, the Inn is located in the peaceful community of Weekapaug, Rhode Island. Guests enjoy sweeping views of Quonochontaug Pond, and the Atlantic just beyond, from the Inn’s 31 guest rooms, including four two-bedroom Signature Suites. Amenities include farm-to-table fine and casual dining, a fitness center and outdoor pool, indoor and outdoor boutique event and meeting space, and access to a private community beach. Managed by sister property the Ocean House, guests can enjoy the amenities and activities of both properties, making the Weekapaug Inn ideal for business retreats, family vacations and weekend escapes. For more information, please visit http://www.weekapauginn.com or call (877) 258-0324.
# # # #