LOS ANGELES (PRWEB) November 06, 2017
The Los Angeles Blockchain Lab, a partnership with the UCLA Blockchain Lab and the USC Center for Cyber-Physical Systems and The Internet of Things, is an unprecedented collaborative community on a mission to advance blockchain
The LA Blockchain Lab, a partnership with the UCLA Blockchain Lab, the USC Center for Cyber-Physical Systems and The Internet of Things, is creating a community of blockchain advocates on a mission to increase awareness, advance progress and foster the development of blockchain technology. Members agree to increase civic engagement among all citizens; advance technological progress; link classrooms to burgeoning careers; and foster economic opportunities across Southern California. The Lab’s strength comes itself from associated forms of vigorous difference or diversity: they are intellectual, cultural, and economic––to name but three.
Each project allows for overlapping potentials and include:
- Non-profit initiatives for improved social welfare
- Training for cutting-edge developers, engineers and designers for ethical innovation
- SoCal companies ready to employ blockchain technology for greater social impact
- Los Angeles universities and their students for superior career opportunities
- Local governments to reshape public policy
Events hosted by the Lab are intended to educate the community in blockchain, elevate the blockchain ecosystem, and provide a place to innovate applications in blockchain. Lab events include:
- Certificate Program — the 1st university-accredited blockchain certificate programs in software development and management for matriculated and non-matriculated students
- MeetUps — educating the community through case specific discussions led by expert leaders from academia, businesses, startups, government, and nonprofits
- Verticals — positioning LA as a blockchain hub and promoting partnerships, profit acceleration, job placement in four verticals: Entertainment, Real Estate, FinTech/Investments, and BioMedical Industry
- Bootcamps, Conferences, and Seminars — providing hands on education and training for CEOs, CTOs, CIOs, university deans, asset managers, high-ranking civic officials, VC investors, etc. taught by world-class thought leaders
- Hackathons — bringing attention to greater social impact issues and how blockchain could address issues including “Ocean Conservation,” “Real News,” and “Depression”
- Speaker Series — taking the education to companies, organizations, and investment firms through case specific designed set of presentations
In addition, the Lab promotes community and economic development through job placement and networking opportunities. In collaboration with member partners, it offers blockchain training for high school students with a specific focus on low-income neighborhoods. Through UCLA Extension, the Lab will provide blockchain certification programs for deprived women throughout the developing World.
The Board of Directors and Member Organizations include thought leaders from universities, local government, enterprise, nonprofits, startups, investors, and the community at large. A few institutions that have joined the Lab thus far include, but are not limited to: UCLA, USC, World Economic Forum, DApperNetwork, BNY Mellon, Deloitte, E&Y, Bloq, Charles River Ventures, Chamber of Digital Commerce, Global Business Blockchain Consortium, World Bank, etc. A place to incubate the concepts innovated at the Lab and set to launch in early 2018, the LA Blockchain Accelerator in partnership with the UCLA and US Venture Funds and local Venture Capital firms provides hands-on mentorship, skills development, and partnership opportunities to propel startups from ideation to success.