NEW YORK (PRWEB) November 06, 2017
As you report on the number of travelers hitting the road this holiday season, consider including what they think about the paths they’ll take to get where they’re going. 2017 data is available from HNTB about Americans’:
- frustrations with airports
- concerns about interstates
- ideas on how to pay to fix our infrastructure
The most irritating part of travel for many may be simply getting to and through the airport.
- 93 percent of Americans believe airport terminals could be better connected to ground transportation and transit networks.
- 56 percent of Americans describe their time in airport terminals as stressful.
Technology may ease stress.
- 45 percent believe GPS-enabled luggage tags would improve their air travel experience.
- 34 percent would like a mobile app to order in-flight food and drinks – before boarding the plane.
Highway Congestion and Safety
It’s not just crowded on the interstates, it can be unsafe.
- 85 percent of Americans agree that traffic congestion contributes to accidents and fatalities.
- More than 90 percent agree that maintaining existing roads and bridges is important to improving safety.
And they’re willing to pay for improvements.
- 84 percent of Americans would pay higher taxes and tolls if funds were guaranteed to be used for transportation infrastructure.
- Six in ten are willing to pay a toll, even when a free alternative is available, to avoid congestion and save time.
HNTB Corporation is an employee-owned infrastructure firm serving public and private owners and contractors. With more than a century of service in the United States, HNTB understands the life cycle of infrastructure and addresses clients’ most complex technical, financial and operational challenges. Professionals nationwide deliver a full range of infrastructure-related services, including award-winning planning, design, program management and construction management. For more information, visit http://www.hntb.com.