There’s literally something for every culinary, food and wine enthusiast, as well as anyone who’s planning a party, holiday meal or other event.
GLEN ELLYN, Ill. (PRWEB) November 14, 2017
Gourmet retail store/cooking school Marcel’s Culinary Experience and cheese/wine shop Marché—just three doors apart in downtown Glen Ellyn—have announced new offerings for year-end holiday gift-giving, party planning and entertaining.
“There’s literally something for every culinary, food and wine enthusiast, as well as anyone who’s planning a party, holiday meal or other event,” says Jill Foucré, longtime Glen Ellyn resident who owns both award-winning businesses with her husband Bob Bye.
Ready for the upcoming holidays are:
- An updated selection of gift boxes and gift baskets at both stores, starting at $50 that can be picked up or shipped anywhere in the continental U.S. Attractively packaged, they feature savory and sweet specialty foods, artisan cheeses and meats and other accoutrements for individual or corporate gift-giving. Custom boxes and baskets are also available, according to Foucré.
- Marché’s CultureClub cheese subscription, now available in month-to-month, 4-, 8-, or 12-month packages. A “ViniCulture” option is also available, with wines that complement the cheeses.
- Cheese and charcuterie boards in a variety of sizes beautifully arranged and ready for presentation at home and work events, sandwich trays, even a “wedding cake” made of cheese—all from Marché.
- Gift cards in any amount for merchandise or classes. Marcel’s sells cookware, professional tools, tableware, specialty foods and many one-of-a-kind items at all price points. It offers classes nearly every day on a wide range of topics for cooks of all ages and skill levels. Marché sells items for serving and enjoying wine and cheese; its classes focus on cheese appreciation, how to pair it with wine or beer and related topics.
- In-store private events—including cocktail parties, group classes and wine/cheese tastings—for up to 60 attendees at Marcel’s and up to 25 at Marché. For each venue, the store’s staff tailors the menu, beverages and guest participation levels according to hosts’ preferences and budgets.
- Chef-driven in-home or in-office events for groups of practically any size throughout Chicagoland with Marcel’s Maison service. Unlike traditional caterers, hosts and guests can observe and interact with the chef. “It’s like a chef’s table in a restaurant. Weekend dates through the end of the year are booking up quickly,” Foucré said.
About Marcel’s Culinary Experience
Marcel’s Culinary Experience is a combination retail store and recreational cooking school located at 490 N. Main St. in historic downtown Glen Ellyn, Ill., about 20 miles west of downtown Chicago. Marcel’s operates a full schedule of culinary classes for cooks of all ages and skill levels, and is available for in-store private events of up to 60 people, as well as in-home or in-office options featuring a private chef. The retail space is stocked with fine cookware and hardworking professional tools, exquisite tablewares, specialty foods and one-of-a-kind items. Marcel’s owner is Jill Foucré, a former health insurance executive, who named the space after her grandfather, a French chef and restaurateur.
Marché is a cheese shop at 496 N. Main St. in downtown Glen Ellyn, Ill., that also sells sandwiches, charcuterie, cheese boards, wine, beer and complementary items. It offers catering, on-site classes and private events.