"The holiday shopping season is a pivotal time for retailers, with tremendous opportunity to earn consumers’ loyalty," said Sean Spector, CEO of Dropoff.
AUSTIN, Texas (PRWEB) November 15, 2017
New data released today from Dropoff, the same-day delivery leader for businesses, shows a majority (60%) of U.S. holiday shoppers are more likely to purchase gifts from retailers that offer same-day delivery. That number goes up for the 67% of consumers who plan to do last minute holiday shopping this year. Of those, 90% said they are more likely to purchase from retailers offering same-day delivery.
According to online shopping predictions by Adobe Analytics, 2017 holiday season digital sales are projected to break the $100 billion mark — a 16.5 percent increase over last year. What’s more, they expect Cyber Monday to be the largest online shopping day in history, with $6.6 billion in sales.
This comes at a time when consumers have higher expectations than ever for faster delivery — one outcome of what some refer to as the “Amazon Effect.” According to the Dropoff survey, that’s even more true when it comes to holiday purchases. 90% of respondents stated that receiving purchases on-time is even more important when those purchases are gifts, and 89% said that after purchasing a holiday gift and having it delivered same-day, they are ‘extremely likely’ to recommend that retailer to others.
"The holiday shopping season is a pivotal time for retailers, with tremendous opportunity to earn consumers’ loyalty," said Sean Spector, CEO of Dropoff. "It’s evident that same-day delivery is an important factor for shoppers, especially this time of year. Working with a trusted same-day delivery partner can help retailers ensure their values are carried out from the moment of purchase all the way through delivery."
Additional findings include:
- Same-day delivery drives brand loyalty, with 75% of respondents stating they are more likely to purchase from a retailer again after having received a same-day delivery. That number goes up to 86% for Millennials.
- Slow delivery leads to cart abandonment. More than half of consumers (61%) have abandoned a purchase due to slow delivery options.
- Being able to track the delivery of your purchases in real-time is a key differentiator.
- 90% of consumers said if their purchase can be tracked in real-time during the delivery process, they would be more likely to purchase from the brand/retailer again. 77% agreed that when the purchase is a gift, real-time tracking is even more important.
- 60% of consumers indicated that they would be less likely to purchase from a retailer again if they aren’t able to track their purchase in real-time.
- Consumers are 26% more likely to recommend a brand that offers same-day delivery versus one that offers free delivery.
Dropoff works with national brands across many industries for last-mile, same-day delivery including Whole Foods, Sprinkles, Neiman Marcus, Zazzle, Airbnb, JW Marriott, and McKesson.
Dropoff has become the first national brand to modernize the standards of same-day delivery by offering businesses a superior experience built on convenience, reliability and unmatched customer service. Through innovative technology and trusted, professional delivery drivers, Dropoff seamlessly becomes an extension of any business and a true logistics partner. From real-time tracking and confirmations, transparent pricing, flexible delivery options, and feature-rich APIs, Dropoff offers businesses the same-day delivery solutions they need to satisfy customers and achieve their goals. For more information about Dropoff, visit https://www.dropoff.com.