COLLEGE STATION, Texas (PRWEB) November 16, 2017
Car keys change and become more technologically advanced over time, but there will always be some form of locking mechanisms to ensure cars can be accessed and operated. One fairly recent technology gives motorists the ability to interact with their car without using a traditional key. Rather, it uses a key fob or keyless entry remote that utilizes a radio transmitter to send signals to a receiver located in the car. TX Premier Locksmith wants to inform locals of some of the ways keyless entry remotes in particular help to enhance many aspects of automotive security.
How Keyless Entry Remotes Enhance Automotive Security
- Control Car Remotely - Controlling a car remotely enhances security in many ways. If someone forgot to lock their car for example, they wouldn’t have to physically walk to the vehicle to lock it. Rather they can just click the appropriate button on their key fob to lock the car from the safety of their home (provided it is less than about 100 feet away).
- Instant Locking & Unlocking Features – Keyless entry remotes allow motorists to lock and unlock doors faster. This is especially useful in emergency situations.
- Increased Difficulty to Duplicate Keys – The absence of a traditional key prevents burglars from making impressions.
- Easier Key Maintainability – Keyless entry remotes eliminate the need to exert pressure on keys as they are turned. There is also no regular cleaning or lubricating of traditional keys involved. The maintenance of a keyless entry remote consists simply of changing out a battery on occasion.
- No Chance of a Broken Key in a Door Lock – Traditional keys wear over time. According to TX Premier Locksmith and President Yair Frenkel, “Using a worn down key increases the chances of it breaking off in the lock. In the case of a keyless entry remote, there is no key to wear down or break off.”
Automotive Security Protocols
Listed above are just some of the security benefits to keyless entry remotes but it is important not to neglect basic security protocols just because a keyless entry remote is present. Security works best when there are multiple measures in place. Remember to choose parking spaces wisely, hide valuables in vehicle and be aware of surroundings. And according to Frenkel, keyless entry remotes aren’t foolproof. “Keyless entry remotes can break or get lost,” Yair stated. “It’s a great idea to have the name of a reputable locksmith at the ready to provide a new, fully programmed keyless entry remote when necessary; for a lot cheaper than dealerships charge.”
About The Company
TX Premier Locksmith provides 24 hour assistance in the Texas area by offering a selection of professional residential, commercial, automotive and emergency locksmith services in College Station, Texas. For a full list of services, browse the company website at http://www.txpremierlocksmith.com/service-area/college-station-tx, call them on (979) 476-9418 or visit their storefront at 2151 Harvey Mitchell Parkway South #305, College Station, TX 77840